218 PM PST FRI MAR 26 2004

...A SNOW ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR TONIGHT FOR THE CASCADES IN

LANE COUNTY...THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES AND THE SOUTH WASHINGTON

CASCADES...

A SNOW ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE NORTH AND CENTRAL OREGON

CASCADES AND SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADES FOR TONIGHT. SNOW IS EXPECTED

TO INCREASE OVER THE CASCADES THIS EVENING...WITH SNOW POSSIBLY HEAVY

AT TIMES OVERNIGHT. NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION BY 5 AM SAT MORNING IS

EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 4 TO 7 INCHES ABOVE 3500 FEET.

DRIVERS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR ICY OR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND WINTER

LIKE DRIVING CONDITIONS.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Shred, would you mind telling us the location of your favorite top-secret powder stashes on Mt. Hood? I'm a Californicator (lived in Lake Tahoe previously) who is spending their first complete winter in Oreghan--have sympathy for me!

Edited by Gaper_Jeffy

Hoody Meadows was yesterday's destination. They did indeed get 8"s however there was some remarkable funk going on in the snow, did it fall that heavy or was it just super wind affected? Either way yesterday was not a softshell day, not becaue it was wet but because the wind was absurd. Which brings me to my next point, I'm not sure what I was more disappointed by: the snow, wearing a softshell or forgetting my wind meter. I left at 11:30 to go skate skiing.

PS: Jack's Woods opened right before I left, for those who skied it was it as heavy as elsewhere?

Edited by Gaper_Jeffy

We were too late. Sat night at Ski Bowl, raining to not raining and heavy. Broke my own rule about not skiing in the rain. Today back to the Ski Bowl, which is startlingly reminiscent of Ski Acres, for full on spring slushiez.

All in all neither the skiing nor the conditions hoped for, but our three compatriots with their "power snowplow" technique got a good workout on black diamond groomers, and a few tips (like get some weight on them! don't look at your skis!) and an all-in-all fun weekend of what I affectionately call "family skiing."

It was downright HOT up there today. FWIW there is an online coupon for Ski Bowl, half off, (on their website) so it's as cheap as it is low-quality. fruit.gif