Rocky Butte & PC

sketchfest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be over more like 330 since i'm a cool teacher who's done at 210 everyday (anybody feel like climbing more often in the week now that dls is upon us?) i've just been to the butte once so i'll probably just go where i went last time (breakfast cracks) and take a stroll w/ the guide book and try to figure out what the hell i'm staring at. when you getting thar billy-boy?

winter, you gonna be there boy? to defy your most recent denuciation of me i'm bringing the biggest bag of bullshit just for you baby...we gonna do that vw of your's east coast style, biyatch! i'm bringing a rusty old beer can to make it a true classic...

Ivan, although I can come and go when I want here, the responsibility is like a prison. So, I could leave here at 2:30, but if we're busy it would be like the capt. of the ship bailing first and saying "Dudes, good weather gotta go." So if we are busy it will be hard to creap out too early.

If everybody would remember that yesterday it rained. It's slick at the muddy top after a winter of moss growing. Most of the accidents at the Butte are from falls off the top, I'm not kidding I've seen it more than once and heard many stories. Sometimes climbers just clipping into the anchors. So best to use a long rope at the top to be or backup the anchor, tie off that tree and be clipped into it if you need to get close to the edge for any reason like setting up anchors or just grabbing the rap lines. (Hill street Blues, "lets be careful out there" kind of deal.)

Don't be causal, I picked up and delivered to the emergency room with my former climbing partner Bob the nurse one of the most experianced, best, most knowledgeable Oregon climbers who merely slipped off the top and rolled to the very F*en bottom of the hill doing cartwheels all the way downhill. It was pretty loud.

Broken wrist, 2 broken ribs, ruptured spleen, punctured lung blah blah. He was just "hiking" around to come climb with me. (Breakfast cracks)

Nothing that surgery, emergency room trauma Doctors, more surgery, stainless steel screws and 2 months in the hospital couldn't fix. He credits us with saving his life as he repeatedly insisted he was fine and just wanted to go home.

I haven't seen any cash from it yet:-(

b

so have we actually settled on the RNR for drinks? i have sensed no consensus on that. i vote for the rnr though, as they serve tg and the upstairs is nice n' private (lap dances, anyone?)

anyone gonna be there before 4?

Edited by ivan

Broken wrist, 2 broken ribs, ruptured spleen, punctured lung blah blah. He was just "hiking" around to come climb with me. (Breakfast cracks)

# of times i'v been to the butte: 1

# of people i've seen fall from the top to the bottom: 1

just what you expect from an urban climbing location, really

ummmm...come to rocky butte quarry (that big hill where i205 hits i84)...then come to the rose and the raindrop (bar near 84 in portland...adress online) and get drunk...to use pete's line "age and sexual orientation inconsequential"