Rocky Butte & PC

sketchfest

I know that the weather isn't the best today, BUT the days are getting longer and we switch to DST on the 4th, so I was thinking it might be time to start thinking about reviving the weekly RB/PC....hell maybe even chop a few bolts while we're at it yellaf.gif

thoughts??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....hell maybe even chop a few bolts while we're at it yellaf.gif

thoughts??

Sketch, I'd love to join in the fun, but I may be following you around already. I was soloing Birds of Paradise last night (Tues) and there were 2 - 3/8" holes drilled in the crux! Could be you had already chopped those and left holes? Could be a multi-stage process whereby somebody drilled the holes and is collecting cans to buy the bolts and hangers later? Well, somebody apparently recently decieded that finally after 40+ years of no bolts this route needed some?

Perhaps we can take up a collection, buy some nuts and teach someone how they work? Otherwise, I'll help you chop if someone stuffs bolts in there.

The good news was that I was up there all by my lonesome!!!!!!!! Whooo Hooooooooo!

The bad news is that being fat, old and alone is a real pisser but there's nothing to do about that.

Also: this Thurs may be wet, you planning on doing aid?

Regards:

Bill

Hi Bill! wave.gif

Nah, it aint me choppin any bolts, I'da put some bubble gum in the holes, maybe they're not bolt holes, maybe somebody thought the route needed a couple-o mono digit pockets to make the crux more fun...yeah...that's the ticket.

I wasn't thinking this Thursday, but next thursday the 1st

The Alameda is close, another close one is the Laurelhurst brew pub which is on @41st ave right off Sandy Blvd in the Hollywood district.

I'm thinking of maybe skiing Saturday at Meadows and climbing at RB on Sun AM. Any one interested, Sunday should be nice?

1 question for Winter, what is BoPrey? You hanging around the Peregrines after hours?

Hey, not to stir up the piss pot any more than it is, but how about the via Ferrata idea over by Flaky Old man so that the descent could have something to clip for all the folks who head that way? Just a thought no yelling please if you feel it's a bad idea: I'm just tossing it out there for discussion.