Martyrs

MrDoolittle

Call me old fashioned, but I don't feel murdering non-combatants, women and children is anything but murder. That said, I do agree that Isreal must stay out of Gaza and the west bank as it is in direct conflict with the UN charter which prohibits the procurement of land through war.Who's right? Who's wrong? Neither. Both.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey same goes for Israel. Look at the collateral damage from their assasinations. You think they don't kill "non-combatants, women and children"? And the US war in Iraq: 10,000 innocent "non-combatants, women and children"? 10,000! over three world trade centers, to make an awful comparison.

It's awful, I know, but Hamas etal don't really have the technical ability to differentiate between targets; for them it's ISRAEL.

Ugh this sucks. This whole argument seems so....ugh.

I've gotta go climb now. Index! peace out y'all!

so, when the israelis were the underdog and the arabs AND the europeans wanted them off the planet, where was your voice then?

There are good Israelis and bad Israelis.

Did you know that when the state of Israel was founded in 1948, Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion announced no territorial boundaries? Today, Israel remains the only nation in the world without formally declared borders.

-- source

Not taking sides, just trying to show more of the inequity inherent in both sides.

Hamas is not interested in peace with Israel. The Hamas charter calls for the destruction of Israel. Hamas has killed not only innocent Israelis, but Palestinians willing to persue peace/compromise with the Israeli state. Hamas has sabotaged every attempt at a workable peace. They don't want 'just' the West Bank and Gaza, they want the whole of what is now Israel. How do you make peace with a group that wants you to just dieand is IN NO WAY interested in compromise? Answer...you don't. Sharon acted properly, and continues to do what he must to protect his citizens. If that upsets western europe, or the american left, too bad. moon.gif

BTW, let's not forget how/why Israel came to occupy the west bank (and Golan Heights). They were attacked by Jordan, Egypt, and Syria as I recall. madgo_ron.gif

Here's irony of the worst kind for you:

Hamas' new leader Dr. Abdel Aziz Rantisi is a pediatrician. Just today, the Israeli Army stopped a Palestinian 16-year-old boy with a bomb strapped to his chest.

Heck, it's ironic enough that the new Hamas leader is a doctor, whose principles should be the sanctity and preservation of human life. But for him to also be a pediatrician takes the cake.

hellno3d.gif

Hamas is not interested in peace with Israel. The Hamas charter calls for the destruction of Israel. Hamas has killed not only innocent Israelis, but Palestinians willing to persue peace/compromise with the Israeli state. Hamas has sabotaged every attempt at a workable peace. They don't want 'just' the West Bank and Gaza, they want the whole of what is now Israel. How do you make peace with a group that wants you to just dieand is IN NO WAY interested in compromise? Answer...you don't.

History doesn't support this view.

Last summer, Hamas, Al Aqsa etal, agreed to a cease-fire; Israel also agreed, yet broke it in three weeks with an assasination. This is but one example.

Hamas' new leader Dr. Abdel Aziz Rantisi is a pediatrician. Just today, the Israeli Army stopped a Palestinian 16-year-old boy with a bomb strapped to his chest.

Heck, it's ironic enough that the new Hamas leader is a doctor, whose principles should be the sanctity and preservation of human life. But for him to also be a pediatrician takes the cake.

hellno3d.gif

a turd is a turd.

I say we just melt the place into glass with atomics. 100% effective road to peace in the middle east.

Better yet, we should INVADE palestine and remove Arafat, etc, from power. That should make everyone happy.

i think allah --blessed is the name-- would be pissed. afterall those 'atomics' sound scarewee.

hellno3d.gif

Rantisi is the perfect definition for the word "monster".

I say we just melt the place into glass with atomics. 100% effective road to peace in the middle east.

This is actually my thinking as well. You can't decide who gets what? Then nobody gets it. You cannot reason with unreasonable people, so if they want to fight, they can fight over ownership of a smoking, irradiated crater.

hellno3d.gif

I believe both sides have an Old Testament worldview--an eye for an eye. Viewed in that context, the Ten Commandments appear as tribal laws. Thou shalt not kill someone in one's own tribe; it's ok to kill those outside the social group. Thou shalt not steal but it's ok to steal from those outside your group, etc. Seems if you viewed things in this light then there is no conflict in his earlier profession and the role he currently holds.

Neither side has that New Testament outlook rather they're stuck in fossilized ideologies. A contemporary solution would require religious reform because that's where I believe the extremism arises on both sides.

Reform may be very difficult. The way I see it, hardliners on both sides are in league with each other, one justifies the presence of the other.