Tele skis and alpine gear

tele_nut

I've been mounting alpine touring bindings on tele skis and I find that they work fine. I mounted a pair of 2003/2004 Work Stinx with a Fritschi. I had the idea, and then Hattrup said that he thought it would be a pretty cool setup so I decided to become guinea pig for the experiment. The skis chatter a bit and certainly aren't my Triple XXX's, but they are a little bit lighter on the approaches. They are nimble and quick to change edges which was a huge change from the freight train feel of the XXX's.

Yesterday I purchased a pair of Rossi B2's and mounted Dynafit comforts on them. I only got one quick tour on them after wasting time finding out that I am pretty Dynafit dumb. I used to laugh at the tiny little metal things on people skis, but I had to take issue after realizing that there are some tough hombres out there who feel fine with them. You really have to crank on those bad boys to lock them down in tour mode don't you? I thought I was going to break them at first. 4 clicks and you're good.

They tour nicely with a good footprint. I skied off a 300 ft 45 degree knob to get a feel for them in deep afternoon slush and paid the price for having skied softer skis this winter. Stiff and rigid with plenty of dive factor. I moved over to some consolidated and found they were also pretty rigid on the corn. It took alot more muscle to arc turns. I expected snappy response, but found I had to get burly with them. First impressions are usually pretty right on, so now it a matter of changing styles to adapt. At least I only paid about 325 for the planks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dynafit rulz.......and you must be skiing a long board - or be too skinny, because tele boards are way to soft for my taste. I rando and tele and can't stand tele skis for either......of course I like short skis and I am too fat.

Atomic and BD are just finally coming out with some tele boards with balls - that is that are stiff enough for really skiing anything challenging.

cantfocus.gif