Fight Club Smile

Squid

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you lost a tooth? That's Great! How many? Who made the rope?

What's that? Did I hear someone say "product liability"?

Now, the courts tell me that I can't promise you a big settlement, but between you and me, I promise you a (((big))) settlement!

Yeah that is right make rope prices more ridiculusly priced than they already are. hellno3d.gif

1. This happened at the (old) PRG a while back, according to much-maligned Allman Bros. fan/former second-in-command Martin (since bound for Texas or something). Anyway, some new person (like, a "newbie" or how you say this) was maybe going to clip, and got the rope in their mouth, and maybe decided to make one more move or some such nonsense, and skittery-sketched right off the route, extracting sus dientes in the process. So it ain't unheard of.

2. How did you (Squidpersonage) normally clip without putting the rope in your toofuses? The clip-'em-up-minded Dr. Flash Amazing, while being clever to the point of painful geniusness, can't conceive of an equivalently convenient means of holding onto the rope while reeling in that extra bit of slack to clip. Hmmm?

Generally, the way I clip and (drumroll for ironic effect) the way I teach others is to try to clip when the bolt/piece is at yer waist- that way you don't feed extra slack into the system if you miss the clip. Clipping at the waist also obviates the necessity of rope-tasting.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, bite the rope.

Generally, the way I clip and (drumroll for ironic effect) the way I teach others is to try to clip when the bolt/piece is at yer waist- that way you don't feed extra slack into the system if you miss the clip. Clipping at the waist also obviates the necessity of rope-tasting.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, bite the rope.

That IS a great way to teach people to clip, and it makes good sense. But it seems like lotsa times the bolts aren't placed in such a way as to be clipped from the waist. What to do, what to do?! Must bite, must bite.

Gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw. cheeburga_ron.gif