Fight Club Smile

Squid

While in the midst of enoying a beautiful weekend down at Smith with friends, I took a whipper with unfortunate consequences.

When clipping, I rarely bite the rope (as some do) because a deep and morbid fear of falling and having the teeth ripped from my head.

Oddly enough, this weekend I bit the rope, I fell, and the teeth were ripped from my head.

Just got back from the dentist- looking at a couple sessions of oral surgery in the near future.

The real bummer (aside from the humiliation of falling on an easy route, the lameness of ending a beautiful day early, etc.) is that this is not covered by my dental plan. The money I'd been saving to go to Europe will now be invested in a set of false chompers.

Sucks to be me today. yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! hellno3d.gif

OUCH! I'm really sorry to hear about that Squidy. That SUCKS!

I walked around the Grasslands on Saturday night looking for you, did you rip out your chompers on Sat? Did you go to an ER or something in Bend?

I hope you get better soon

bigdrink.gif

p.s. Why wouldn't this be covered under your dental/health plan? Seems like the sort of thing a decent plan like the UW provides would cover this sort of thing.

On the bright side: You could be a convincing hockey player for halloween next year.

Silly me- I chose the cheap dental plan. 50% coverage for extracting the remains of the teeth, 50% coverage for the falsies.

No more cheeburga_ron.gif

No more HCL.gif

On the other bright side: I now get to claim that my liquid diet has a valid medical reason. bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

Took the lead test at the gym and because I hate people watching and critiquing I wasn’t climbing my normal way. I kept biting the rope. When I got done I knew I would get a big lecture. And I knew it.

Anyhow I often shrug stuff of like this. Thanks to your post.. I think I’ll listen a bit more on this one.

Good luck with the new teeth and I hope you feel better soon.

Peace

Maybe you were a Lab in another life. I know mine would rather hold onto his rope toy with his teeth than just about anything.

Do you have a crazy urge to chase tennis balls? cheeburga_ron.gif

Don't mean to poke fun.

I always say the most important things in life are your family and your health, and the two worst health problems are toothaches and back aches. Listen up youngsters! Take care of your teeth and back!

Don't mean to poke fun.

Poke fun- that's why I'm posting.

I figure if I stand up and take my spray like a man, it'll serve as a reminder to some poor sucker in the future.

I believe my role in this life is to serve as a warning to others. wave.gif

It isn't April 1st yet, no?

my god that's the most horrifying thing I've heard all day.

Can you please explain how the rope remained in your mouth throughout the fall process? Did you bite down on it in a moment of panic? Instead of dentures, perhaps the dentist could fit a grigri in your mouth?

oh god, details please!

Don't mean to poke fun.

Poke fun- that'th why I'm pothing.

I figure if I thand up and take my thpray like a man, it'll therve ath a reminder to thome poor thucker in the future.

I believe my role in thith life ith to therve ath a warning to otherth. wave.gif

my god that's the most horrifying thing I've heard all day.

Can you please explain how the rope remained in your mouth throughout the fall process? Did you bite down on it in a moment of panic? Instead of dentures, perhaps the dentist could fit a grigri in your mouth?

oh god, details please!

That's the funniest thing. I generally don't bite the rope (see irrational fear, above) AND people far away claim they heard my high-pitched shriek of fear as I plummeted. Others claim they heard me yell 'take' (not likely- this wasn't a sport route).

I have no idea what happened. One minute I was shitting bricks trying to jam the wrong cam into the crack, the next I was hanging in the harness, spitting blood.