BUSH BUSTED

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best quote was this one - when Rumsfeld tells terrorist experts "We have to bomb Iraq" - Clarke, the CIA, and the FBI say - "...but sir, this is Al Queda and they are in Afganistan, Iraq had nothing to do with this"

Rumsfeld replies "But there are no good targets in Iraq".??????????

Clarke was the head of counter-terrorism and like may others makes the point that the Bushies were "encased in amber" from the previous Bush administration and had Iraq in mind from the start - despite the real threat. These guys are gone in November.

There is lots of good reading on this very subject in Al Franken's book. Unlike his right wing foes, Franken backs everything up with notes, dates, quotes, etc. very effectively. Anybody who thinks that it was Clinton who blew it and not Shrub really owes themselves a read of that book. thumbs_up.gif

I'm no lawyer, but no one seems to be corraborating this guys story. I think it has to be more than his word against everyone else for it to be validated. Fluff piece of journalism at best. No verifiable facts and all innuendo.

They may be gone in November, but maybe not. The rest of the country really doesn't think the way they do up here in the green state.

Even if they are gone I'm sure Kerry and Co. will screw up at just about everything, and be embroiled in their own scandals and outright lying. Just like their mentor Clinton did.

I would predict a major terrorist incident WILL NOT occur because Kerry and CO. will be secretly appeasing them behind the scenes with their yellow political agenda. They'll use that time to regroup and then we will all pay later on....again.

Conservatives need to get tuned in that the rest of the world doesn't really care that you want to play nicey nice. They'll cut your throat all the same unless you drop your judeo Christian ethic and convert to Islam. Salam-a-laykam. Remember that one. It might help you in the future.

Yep. Total dumbass.

Notice that this man worked as an analyst for 6 years, and THEN quit shortly AFTER Bush took office. The majority of these scathing reports were going to the top of...CLINTON'S ADVISORY COMMITTEES.

I would think that during the first year in office it is going to be difficult to affect change in every direction. It must be a whirlwind and difficult to figure out where to prioritize. I don't really like Bush and I am not making excuses, but you have to put it into perspective. The economy was still the biggest issue as it had been failing during the last few years of Clinton's presidency. I remember that most of the news was about Greenspan and interest rates right up to the events of 9/11. It caught everyone sleeping. At any rate, His info was being shunted for 5 years by a previous failed presidency and administration.

Way to square peg that one into a round hole ShuldtZ.

You're right, Josh. You are clearly no lawyer. I'm going to have to guess you're not even all that tuned in, mentally speaking, to actually try to defend Bush and his cronies in the face of this shit. C'mon, man. They're destroying the Republican party and everything it stands for through their wanton deficit spending, their brutally irresponsible fiscal policies, and the total ineptitude of their whole draft-dodging, sons-of-privilege foreign policy group. What happened to the party that stood for freedom, individual rights, and opportunity? Bush has destroyed it, the economy, and our standing as the greatest country in the world.

Also, your quasi-racist statements about Islam aren't helping. Attitudes like that are part of the reason alot of the world hates us, and that hatred is the reason alot of the world supports terrorist acts against us. I can only assume you have NEVER been in an Islamic country. If you had, you would simply be unable to make the baseless, ignorant statements you're making.

Good luck, Josh. I hope you and people with attitudes like yours start critically thinking about your political views, those of the rest of the world, and the disastrous consequences of perpetuating your kind of ignorance.

P.S. I'm not trying to insult you personally. If you're going to make statements that belie a profound ignorance, though, you got it coming.

... no one seems to be corraborating this guys story.

Actually, former Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill says similar things with regard to Bushes vision to invade Iraq. PBS even aired a documentary about the lead in to the most recent Irag war that mentioned many of the same things too (I can't recall the name of it but it aired about a year ago +/- a few months). Much of what Clarke says has been said by others.

who really cares what any of these people due. we live in an oligarcy and that does not change. outside of increased taxes it directly affects my life nil.

tho i find it quite laughable on the push to ban gays from getting married. who cares if someone wants to shit dick another person and lick their pussy, within the sanctitiy of marriage, i read once that most married couples practive anal sex to some extent. i see little difference.

You're right, Josh. You are clearly no lawyer. I'm going to have to guess you're not even all that tuned in, mentally speaking, to actually try to defend Bush and his cronies in the face of this shit. C'mon, man. They're destroying the Republican party and everything it stands for through their wanton deficit spending, their brutally irresponsible fiscal policies, and the total ineptitude of their whole draft-dodging, sons-of-privilege foreign policy group. What happened to the party that stood for freedom, individual rights, and opportunity? Bush has destroyed it, the economy, and our standing as the greatest country in the world.

Also, your quasi-racist statements about Islam aren't helping. Attitudes like that are part of the reason alot of the world hates us, and that hatred is the reason alot of the world supports terrorist acts against us. I can only assume you have NEVER been in an Islamic country. If you had, you would simply be unable to make the baseless, ignorant statements you're making.

Good luck, Josh. I hope you and people with attitudes like yours start critically thinking about your political views, those of the rest of the world, and the disastrous consequences of perpetuating your kind of ignorance.

P.S. I'm not trying to insult you personally. If you're going to make statements that belie a profound ignorance, though, you got it coming.

bigdrink.gif I don't think anything I said was really defending Bush and I have mentioned before that I am not a big fan of Bush either. Most of what you said is true. He is the son of privelege.

Quasi racist? Hey you're right, what do I know? I just spend about 90% of my time in the middle east so I guess I'm pretty ignorant as you seem compelled to point out.

When was the last time you were over there? Let me see I was there about 2 weeks ago. It's getting up in the nineties again. Last summer was pretty hot even for that area. Had many many nice talks with members of Islam from about 6 or 7 Islamic countries. Dined at the KDP (Kurdish Democratic Party) guesthouse for a nice snow storm in February. Kurdistan is beautiful that time of the year.

Once I get my website up and running you can come check it out. I'll post the link before I go back here in a few weeks. I'll include some avi video of a raid I participated in South of Baghdad.

Hey thanks for stopping by for your one post of the month and enlightening me. Maybe you can school me some more later?

Bye. yelrotflmao.gif