jja

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh OH! I know who she is! I'M SO COOOL!!! rolleyes.gif

Christine Boskoff owns/operates Mountain Madness guiding company based in West Seattle. She's climbed several 8000m peaks and attempted K2 with Charlie Fowler, so I doubt she was sketchin' on a WI1 rolleyes.gif.

She gave the second worst slide show I've ever seen. thumbs_down.gif

Oh OH! I know who she is! I'M SO COOOL!!! rolleyes.gif

Christine Boskoff owns/operates Mountain Madness guiding company based in West Seattle. She's climbed several 8000m peaks and attempted K2 with Charlie Fowler, so I doubt she was sketchin' on a WI1 rolleyes.gif.

I saw this chick leading out from the end of the trail at the base of Cascade Falls at two o'clock in the afternoon, dressed head-to-toe in goretex, and LEADING WI1, while her partner video-taped her. I don't give a flying fuck how many "8000m" peakes she' bought her way up, the woman I observed was a GAPER. And I've seen a docu- about her climbing some high snow heap, and jugging fixed lines in the process, past WI2 or so ground.

The point is, you don't have to be a good climber to climb 8000m peaks. You need to be able to SLOG with a bag over your head, and not fall down, and jug fixed ropes.

I'm not trying to defend CB here, I don't know her and wasn't that impressed with her at the slideshow she gave, but I don't think she is a "gaper" or a total newbie hack either. Yeah she might be a poseur type; trying to get some flattering climbing shots for her guiding brochures/website/whatever; but hey, she's got an image to present to potential clients, I can't condemn her for that. My guess is that she is probably a better than average climber. It takes more than just money to attempt K2.

Anyway, I don't really care. Flame her if you wish.

p.s. Ade, the CB slide show I saw had great pictures of Nepal, but her comments about the people/monastaries/cultural centers/etc left me feeling like she didn't know shit about the culture or the issues facing the local people. She said stuff like, "you don't want to overtip these people because you will spoil them... remember, they only make $300/year" (not verbatim). thumbs_down.gif

I've never seen Kitty Calhoun speak.

She has an image to SELL to clients. Don't ever forget that her climbing aspirations are governed by her financial aspirations, and vis a versa. And since Scott "You're crusin' or you're bummin'" Fischer is currently perma-bummin' above 8000m, she's got to be the Stud that keeps the big coin headed in the direction of MM.

Yet another climber not up to Mr. Doo's exacting standards... cry.gif

Next!!

yellowsleep.gif

Leading WI1 in full goretex while your partner video tapes you is not up to my standards. And jugging fixed lines that a shepra or another climber placed the day before is not climbing, it's jugging fixed lines. Let me know when she actually climbs an 8000m peak, instead of jugging fixed lines set by sherpas or other climbers to the summit of an 8000m peak.

Worse than Kitty Calhoun?... Is that possible?!

this is some stiff competition... Galen Rowell and Lisa Gnade gave some full on horrible slideshows. At least Galen's had pretty pictures but I would have enjoyed it better with earplugs in. Lisa's was just plain painful, I walked out after 10 minutes.

I've met her a couple of times, and have had the pleasure of talking to her at length on more than one occasion. She's a super nice person, and an outstanding climber. Anonymous potshots on an internet board = WEAK. rolleyes.gif

Yup...she has an image to sell - just like any business person. But climbing aspirations governed by financial aspirations? Are you serious? yellowsleep.gif

Wow, look at the flame war I started cool.gif

WI1 in full goretex?? yelrotflmao.gif What an idiot!! I'ts not like I'm friends with her or anything but I've knocked backed some beers in mazama last fall and this saturday night at gustav's. She's a cool person and a good climber, lead's in the 11's and WI5 that I know of.

Anyway just posted the pic because I wanted to pretend I have friends wave.gif

I've met her a couple of times, and have had the pleasure of talking to her at length on more than one occasion. She's a super nice person, and an outstanding climber. Anonymous potshots on an internet board = WEAK. rolleyes.gif

Yup...she has an image to sell - just like any business person. But climbing aspirations governed by financial aspirations? Are you serious? yellowsleep.gif

What 8 said....

The worst slide show I ever saw was one Jim Bridwell did. He's a great climber and the route he climbed was hard core, but he should have hired someone to do the presentation.

I've never seen a slideshow by CB or Kitty.

Perhaps you guys should leave CB alone and slag on jja for being a star struck name droppin sucka the_finger.gif