• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jordop

[TR] Pebble Creek- 3/13/2004

Climb: Pebble Creek-

Date of Climb: 3/13/2004

Trip Report:

Pebble Creek – Random Samples

You ski out 35km in 11 hours and then you watch Kurt falling asleep driving home. You wake up the next morning and have a cup of coffee. You decide it would be best if you tried to sleep more. You smoke some green and wake up 7 hours later and you can’t walk.

The exit route has been called a traverse in the past.

On the storm days we went up to a massive crevasse in the Pebble Glacier and crawled inside a horizontal ice tunnel that went back a 100 feet in the dark. We harvested “Tokyo Ice” for the scotch and took it back to the cabin. FRA: “Scotch Couloir”

You eat a box of Timmies, step into a helicopter and step out at 8000’with millions of peaks at your feet. You ski 1000s of feet of powder and then go to the cabin and drink beer and eat paella.

“When I get back to Pemberton, I’m gonna eat a massive hamburger. I can’t wait.”

“Yeah, well I’m gonna eat a massive FUR burger.”

Margaret Atwood’s “Surfacing”. Crusty fem gets uptight and snippy. Lot’s of lake fishing. Goes feral at end. There, I just saved you hours of 70s canlit at its finest.

We ate bacon every day until we couldn’t move.

Skiing in a whiteout below the north face of Sessel with 3000’ faces on each side, each burdened with 3 feet of new snow.

Brian: “Yeah, we can just follow this slope down into the upper Hurley. Oh, but there’s a bit of a drop somewhere around here . . .”

Mere seconds later: Kurt: “ Oh, shit. Fuck!”

Jordan: “There it is. Thanks Kurt!”

“I dunno who this Drew guys is, but from the stories you guys keep telling, he sounds like a bit of a prick. I don’t care, you can tell him where I live!”

In the hut log book:

“Once four lads mighty strange/ Set out to ski the whole Range/ They stopped in at the Pebble hut / And ate all the leftover food."

Powder so deep you fought against it to get down. And released the bindings with every turn.

The unclimbed ice in MacParlon and the upper Hurley. Ten hour approach protects.

You wake up at 3 am with freshies comin through the loft window and there are 5 different kinds of snoring and it takes hours to get back to sleep.

“Fukin Rights”

There is now a fixed couch on the bridge over Railroad Creek

Kurt please add photos of the madness thumbs_up.gif

Gear Notes:

Bacon, scotch

Approach Notes:

Heli in, sufferfest out

“I dunno who this Drew guys is, but from the stories you guys keep telling, he sounds like a bit of a prick. I don’t care, you can tell him where I live!”

I bet Dru's ears were burning last week. yelrotflmao.gif

I'll try and post some photos soon.

You eat a box of Timmies, step into a helicopter and step out at 8000’with millions of peaks at your feet. You ski 1000s of feet of powder and then go to the cabin and drink beer and eat paella.

The aforementioned powder. Note two tiny people on uptrack in middle of unskied slope:

peak_8500.jpg

"Good times" thumbs_up.gif

Monmouth in the distance and Icemaker in the foreground.

110Monmouth_and_Icemaker-med.jpg

Overseer

110Overseer-med.jpg

Samson Delelah and Sessel

110Samson_Sesel_Delilah-med.jpg

Whitecross and Bridge Pass (I think)

110Whitecross_Bridge_pass-med.jpg

Skiing off Pt 8500

110Pt_8500-med.jpg

Skiing down to the Thiassi Glacier

110Descent_to_the_Thiassi_glacier-med.jpg

Thiassi

110Thiassi-med.jpg

Slopes around Pebble Creek

110Pebble_creek_skiing-med.jpg

Harvesting ice for expensive Tokyo style drinks.

110Ice_mining-med.jpg

Ice Cave

110Ice_Cave-med.jpg

Skiing out the Hurley

110Skiing_out_the_Hurley2-med.jpg

WTF kurt you are as bad as Distel with all the pics yellaf.gif

your trip sounds like a sausage fest HCL.gif

WTF kurt you are as bad as Distel with all the pics yellaf.gif

your trip sounds like a sausage fest HCL.gif

There was the same pecent of sausage on the Queen Bess trip. wink.gif

Some folks can tell some funny storries about you Dru. yellaf.gif

"A lot of people like to make up stories about me." - Fred Beckey