Sizing down with intuitions

salbrecher

Should I size down one size on plastic shells if I’m putting intuition liners in them? Will it make the boots to constricting? The obvious answer would for me to bring them into the store and see; however, I may be buying online, and if people unanimously agree to size down I can save a trip to the store.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my personal experience (2 pairs) and everything i have heard argue for getting one SHELL size smaller - this may be 2 SHOE sizes smaller, depending on the brand, because many plastic boots (scarpa, for example) only make the shells on the whole sizes and take up the half size with different sized liners.

anywho, i think the smaller shell size is essential to keep the intuition liners from swimming around. further, the snugger, less sloppy fit is in my mind one of the key reasons to get intuitions in the first place.

my feet aren't that small, but i wear a mondo 22 shell. most AT bootmakers only make a 24 - although some claim a 23 by putting a smaller liner in them. i just realized this thread wasn't specifically about AT boots - doh! i'm sure i could find a "regular" plastic boot to fit (just under a US women's 6.5), but i was talking AT boots. i need an AT boot! cry.gif