Fri/Sat/Sun Weather Forecast...Discuss

dberdinka

i.e. Should I hump my ass up to Colchuck Lake tomorrow

Based on the various forecasts (NOAA and NWAC) the following conditions seem to be setting up for the east side. Cold temps through Friday, with minimal snowfall but high winds. Saturday looks sunny grin.gif with rapidly rising temperatures. hellno3d.gif

High winds & rapidly rising temps vs minimal new snow and sun....hmmmm...........

Will we all die in an avalanche cry.gif?

Will the routes fall off on our heads? blush.gif

Will we all send the radness? cool.gif

Discuss.......

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks nice as well, maybe even TOO warm:

Mar 18 Sunny 64°/39° 0 %

Fri

Mar 19 Sunny 68°/41° 0 %

Sat

Mar 20 Sunny 70°/37° 0 %

Sun

Mar 21 Sunny 63°/36° 0 %

Mon

Mar 22 Mostly Sunny 69°/38° 0 %

Tue

Mar 23 Partly Cloudy 65°/37° 20 %

Wed

Mar 24 Sunny 64°/33° 20 %

Thu

Mar 25 Mostly Sunny 57°/28° 20 %

But in the shade it will be sending temps for sure!!!!

w00t! thumbs_up.gif

The Coast Mtns got 20cm last night with as much as another 20cm today...with the freezing dropping to 800m today and alpine highs of -11C. This means: good skiing up here.

Of course, it is blowing like stink, and the snow is falling onto a widespread rain crust, so there will be some avvie risk...hopefully most of it will have fallen down by tomorrow to allow for some decent and safe turns on the weekend.

Thad, if you hate to be a dick there is nobody forcing you to be so. In my opinion, a one-post interjection by Distel is an unnecessary distraction in this thread, but a snippy retort from you just makes it worse.

Darin-

A several thousand foot rise in freezing level is generally not a good sign but, as you point out, there will not be a lot of new snow. Particularly if it is clear overnight, and you make your climb early in the day before the sun gets anywhere near your climb (assuming you're not heading for something east facing), you'll probably be OK. On such a forecast, it might be a good idea to pick a route that is well within your abilities and from which you could make a speedy retreat if you find that it is getting warm on you.

i.e. Should I hump my ass up to Colchuck Lake tomorrow

Based on the various forecasts (NOAA and NWAC) the following conditions seem to be setting up for the east side. Cold temps through Friday, with minimal snowfall but high winds. Saturday looks sunny grin.gif with rapidly rising temperatures. hellno3d.gif

High winds & rapidly rising temps vs minimal new snow and sun....hmmmm...........

Will we all die in an avalanche cry.gif?

Will the routes fall off on our heads? blush.gif

Will we all send the radness? cool.gif

Discuss.......

Go to Colchuck. If the weather and snow look good climb there. If not go back down and climb on Icicle creek.

Home > Local Forecast for Gaylord, KS

Today

Mar 18 Sunny 64°/40° 0 %

Fri

Mar 19 Mostly Sunny / Wind 77°/49° 0 %

Sat

Mar 20 Mostly Sunny 65°/31° 0 %

Sun

Mar 21 Partly Cloudy 42°/29° 10 %

Mon

Mar 22 Partly Cloudy / Wind 58°/46° 10 %

Tue

Mar 23 Isolated T-Storms / Wind 70°/47° 30 %

Wed

Mar 24 Showers 61°/42° 40 %

Thu

Mar 25 Partly Cloudy 61°/46° 20 %

Fri

Mar 26 Partly Cloudy 67°/37° 0 %

Sat

Mar 27 Scattered Showers 59°/32° 30 %

Last Updated Thursday, March 18, 2004, at 12:32 PM Central Standard Time (Thursday, 1:32 PM EST)

Sending Temps the_finger.gif

Sorry about the thread drift too.

I don't know, if I was all you guys I would stay at home. Looks like the conditions are going to be bad like they have all winter long. There is ton to do in the city, shop, go out to eat, go to the climbing gym, visit friends, watch tv, catch up on zzz's, but go outside I wouldn't.

East Slopes:

Tonight 1-3"

Friday 1-2"

West Slopes:

Tonight 8-10"

Friday 1-5"

I tried to sneak into Colchuck in Feb with a very similar forecast. Result... 6" of snow on the lake. The Enchantments seems to get quite a lot of crest related precip.

The snowpack was very iced last weekend. Lots of stuff will be sliding if new snow falls on top of it.

Actually, the weather of the past few hours has conspired aggin' us. Currenly looking too cold for 11W tomorrow, and too slidey on the snow side of things....currently looking at a huge pile of gear in the middle of my living room, have no idea what will be used.

Hate to be the dick distel, but i am sure nobody cares what the weather will be like for bouldering at a place that is over 1000 miles away! i know i dont give a shit.

Then STFU. the_finger.gif

Give the kid a break. If he keeps up with the sport, and somebody turns him to the darkside hahaha.gif, he's going to be really good.