who ya gonna call: glopstopper!

gapertimmy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if XC kick wax would work? You might get the best of both worlds, no gunked up skins and mad grip too.
I highly doubt that kick wax would have any effect on the grippiness of skins. Plus, if it's wet enough that your skins are glopping, you'd need klister. hellno3d.gif

Glopstopper is a bit softer than household paraffin (which works great for hot waxing if you're cheap!), but you probably won't notice a difference.

I highly doubt that kick wax would have any effect on the grippiness of skins. Plus, if it's wet enough that your skins are glopping, you'd need klister.

Uh, glopstoppers purpose is to stop snow from building up on your skins, to decrease the grip if you will, - it's a glide wax, not a kick wax.

Carl, reread Will's post above. He was suggesting that you use XC kick wax for "mad grip". Unless I misunderstand him and he means something else.

And I don't globstopper my skins for glide, I wax em to prevent snow build up. It's not a glide wax, is an anti-snow wax. Geek_em8.gif

Wonder if XC kick wax would work? You might get the best of both worlds, no gunked up skins and mad grip too.
I highly doubt that kick wax would have any effect on the grippiness of skins. Plus, if it's wet enough that your skins are glopping, you'd need klister. hellno3d.gif

Glopstopper is a bit softer than household paraffin (which works great for hot waxing if you're cheap!), but you probably won't notice a difference.

First hand experience only two days old reports that

1. Ordinary wax can be used as skin wax quite readily. No discernible difference.

2. Kick wax will greatly fuck up skins and will probably cause GREATER snow build up. Kick wax has a narrow (sub freezing) window of usage -- I went from -5 to +5 to -5 within about 3 hours on Sat. I waxed at the start and after going thru water then back to cold snow, my skis with kicker wax on em were pickin up freshies like shit on wool madgo_ron.gif

• 2 weeks later...