Where is the best deal on 9.7 60m dry ropes?

Bug

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sub $150

Sub $120 ---10.5 though Stinger 9.4mmx50 -$132 AWESOME ROPE, x60--> less than 160bux

Will, you frozen alaskan popsicle, these are pretty good prices for non closeout ropes...the stinger is awesome...i just got an 80m version of it...gear express generally has good prices on CLOSEOUTS and are extremely variable in what they have...

their prices and products regularly change...

fuck the us market...black diamond/fiveten are screwing us hard...

i feel bad for starvedrock type of guys, but you know what? Its the damn mfr's fault for milking the us economy...

Rudy, you petrified mud pincher, you are delusional. boxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gif

What part of DRY do you not understand?

And please tell me how paying $157 for a non-dry, non-bipattern rope, or $120 for a non-dry 10.5mmm is a better deal than paying $120 for a DRY 60m 9.9mm, or $127 for a DRY, 60m, bipattern, 9.9mm?

I've bought my last 6 ropes from Starved Rock, including my favorite rope I've ever owned, a 10mm 70m dry Maxim, which was only $115. Don't be a communist or a Benedict Arnold, keep your money in the US. yellaf.gif

petrified mud pincher? WTF...that is god's own rock, you clown!!! madgo_ron.gif

Didn't catch the dry part... yellaf.gif

fuck it...i'll go communist if it saves me $$...like i said, its plain ass stupid that you can buy bd gear or other us made stuff (5.10) cheaper in another country, pay duty, pay shipping and still save money...doesn't compute other than these companies are going after the yuppie team rei guys...so you just go ahead and support that system... the_finger.gifwazzup.gif

Hey Barrabes is opening a store in Berkeley, CA...wonder what the deal with prices there will be?

I agree, it's bs that we can get the same gear cheaper by going through a foreign source. I've bought stuff from Barrabes before, but I try to support the loca shops...even when "local" means US instead of foreign.

I bet they charge US style prices... yellaf.gif Wouldn't you?

I've talked to the owners of starved rock a few times on the phone...man, their situation sux and they know it...the mfr's are strongarming the prices...THEY are basically mandating a retail price for the us market...one that we continue to implicitly support by buying at that rate...

the internet is changing everything...global economy and information...bd can kiss my a$$...

I'm taking my chances with Edelweis 60m 9.9 bi-colored dry at $127 with free shipping. I am hoping they don't ship me a pink one as there was no choice offered. I have a 7mm 60m rope for long raps but this rope will mostly be used for glacier this spring and alpine as time goes on.

Thanks for all the input and market research.

my maxim

1)fuzzed up super fast

2)sheath separated from core, sheath stretched and core did not so there was 8" of reservoir tip on each end of the rope

3) was supposedly dry but in fact was a sponge

4) no middle mark of any sort

maxim sux imho. i saved 5 bucks over the mammut at mec for the same length & diameter. shoulda coughed up the extra $5 thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

I'm with Dru on this one. My current lead line is a 60m 10.2 Mammut Supersafe Dry. Best rope I've ever used and it only cost $157. I've had other Mammut cords and I'll continue to buy them. In this case it was quality (and closeout pricing) over country of origin.