just heard on the slopes.....

gapertimmy

Thought you guys might like this....

as i approached the "AIR CHAMBER" where ski slope hardmen with their reflective oakley gogles like to grab big air, and do sick ass tricks under the chair go to strutt their shit, i heard the following yelled by a snowboarder to one of his bretheren that was descending onto the jumps:

quote:

Get out of the way you fucking gaper.

I hadn't heard the word uttered out loud in so long, only in my mind when i was trying to struggle up a tough 5.2 at smith, and i instantly fell over laughing.

isn't life great?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by gapertimmy:

quote:

fuck

I hadn't heard the word uttered out loud in so long, only in my mind when i was trying to struggle up a tough 5.2 at smith, and i instantly fell over laughing.

isn't life great?

YES THAT WORD DEFINENTLY GETS NEGLECTED IN TODAZE SOCIETY......WHERE HAS THE RUDENESS OF YESTER YEAR GONE!!!!?????

[laf][laf][laf][laf][big Drink]

As a patroller mentioned to me on the chairlift ride after witnessing a similar friendly encounter: "Strap on a board, strap on an attitude." I tried to use the word gaper the other day and was only greeted with blank stares. [Wazzup]

One day at Mt Baker when I was trying to learn to ski, I came rocketing down some hardpack into the deep crud.

Crud wasn't in my quiver of skiiable conditons yet. So, with my blaring lack of prowess I instantly began flailing beyond all description trying deperately to stay upright. I was thrashing so efficiently I stayed up until just below the chairlift where I cratered over head first backwards into a deep drift. As I came sputtering to the surface I was greeted loudly from the chair above with

"Hey! You're pretty good!".

Whenever I see people crash below the chairlift I now make a point to give them the same love that was given to me on that day. I say pass it on...you'd be amazed at what a little critisism will do for your motivation...

Later that day I fell and slid all the way down North Face and almost over those cliffs...but's that's another story [Wink]