Big Bear

Jim

Got this from a fellow biologist in AK:

A guy who works for the US Forest Service in Alaska and his trophy bear. He was out deer huntinglast week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded his 7mm Mag Semi-automatic rifle into the bearand it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive sohe reloaded and shot it several times in the head.

The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds. It stood 12' 6" high at theshoulder, 14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever

recorded in the world. Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourist's of the risks involved when in the wild).

Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in thepast 72 hours. The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the

bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied.

Not far from the pistol was the remains of the hiker .

The other body has not been found. Although the hiker fired sixshots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (they ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs

along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body) it only wounded the bear - and probably angered it. The bear killed the hiker

an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of theForest Service worker.

Think about this - If you are an average size man; You would be level with the bear's belly button when he stood upright, the bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all fours! To give additional

perspective, consider that this particular bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single story house and look overthe roof, or walk up to a two story house and look in the bedroom windows.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget page 1 of the previously cited link. Page 1 has pictures. This page 1 link used to have a sub-link to other pictures in it. The sub-link has since been removed, probably because one of the pictures was of a mutilated human corpse. I still have this link, however, but I'm not going to provide it here. If you are some looney who loves seeing half-eaten bodies, then send me a PM and I'll provide you will the link privately.