You might be a Washington gaper if . . .

Trillium

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by CAMAZONIA:

True sign of a gaper is to bring your out of control pooch climbing
[Mad]

Gaper wanker lame ass dog walking gumbys
[Moon]

Did you come to climb or walk your friggin dog?
[Confused]

I think I will bring my Mute to the crag and let him eat that biskit eaten ass waggin ankle bitein

lap dog of yours
[big Grin]

listen assmunch I do not even own a dog but, I do sometimes take my friend's dogs climbing 'cause they have fun chasing chipmunks, goats, etc. The dogs never even have collars let alone leashes...that means they actually walk themselves unlike your freaky dog im sure...in fact they actually keep the critters from eating my stuff on the ground as I enjoy getting high off the ground. . besides who you calling gumby you dumbass....... [Moon][Moon][Razz][Razz]

Charlie,

Sadly I did not get into the climbing thing until after college, so I have no knowledge of the sick phat boulder problem in the corner of the Tav. Is it like 5.12 when intoxicated, 5.2 when sober? [big Grin] Ah, Eburg, you gotta love it when the wind is just right and it wafts that wonderful aroma all over campus from surrounding dairies and/or slaughterhouses that just about knocks you flat on your ass!

to further explain the phenomena an example:

A short guy was seen driving back and forth along the Icicle with a hottie stopping to "gape" at climbers and occasionally spew forth some beta on what to climb. He had been doing a good job of "gaping" because he knew where and when everbody else was climbing, yet seemed content to drive around "gaping" on Saturday. GAPER

I on the other hand, was seen walking around the area of Snow Creek parking lot and Icicle Butt "posing" with climbing gear. Making sure to be seen by everybody, with rope, harness, gaitors and a #5 camalot, occasionally flipping through the guide book to pose as a climber. I was near some rocks later, flailing maybe, but still a stretch. POSER

Get it right people. [geek]

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

to further explain the phenomena an example:

A short guy was seen driving back and forth along the Icicle with a hottie stopping to "gape" at climbers and occasionally spew forth some beta on what to climb. He had been doing a good job of "gaping" because he knew where and when everbody else was climbing, yet seemed content to drive around "gaping" on Saturday. GAPER

I on the other hand, was seen walking around the area of Snow Creek parking lot and Icicle Butt "posing" with climbing gear. Making sure to be seen by everybody, with rope, harness, gaitors and a #5 camalot, occasionally flipping through the guide book to pose as a climber. I was near some rocks later, flailing maybe, but still a stretch. POSER

Get it right people.
[geek]

As a witness to both of these events (and a participant), I must add that they are very good examples.

Further tip on successful gaping: when spewing forth beta on what to climb make sure to mention that they are great places to climb but that you are climbing something else. This helps to bolster the image of you being an actual climber without having to "pose".

Bronco's (and my) Saturday "pose" was even more masterful since it was performed in front of a group of clueless adolescents!

[big Drink][big Drink]

Greg

quote:

Originally posted by nolanr:

Is an OR Sitka Sombrero okay?

Charlie, what are you doing at the Tav? All the chicks are over at the Mint. I guess that's okay if you enjoy a sausage fest. At least that's the way it was when I was in E-burg.

My girlfriend works at the Tav- free food and drink for me and my homies!! Did you try my v12 sick phat dude I got a flapper where's my chock bucket no crizash pizad prana beanie boulder/ brick problem in the back corner? I've got 2 weeks left here in the 'burg and still haven't sent it.

My girlfriend works at the Tav- free food and drink for me and my homies!! Did you try my v12 sick phat dude I got a flapper where's my chock bucket no crizash pizad prana beanie boulder/ brick problem in the back corner? I've got 2 weeks left here in the 'burg and still haven't sent it.[/QB]

"You might be a Washington gaper if you are reading this . . . ."

AND understand it . . .

[laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

Originally posted by MysticNacho:

-If you include song lyrics in an autosig.

-If you include song lyrics in a post!

-If you ever said Dan Larson sucks just because you thought you'd be cool.

-If you've ever started a thread on bolting ethics. ::cough:: ::cough::

-Having an absurd number of posts is a point of pride.

-If you use two or more words such as "bomber" "dyno" "totally" "pinkpoint" "monster jugs" in the same sentence.

-If you have ever hung out at places such as Spire Rock, Marymoore, or UW rock to impress others with your climbing ability.

Tuna Taco,

I think you are a gaper. I saw you at the Feathers redpointing 5.10
[laf]
this spring. Please click on autosig, recognize number of posts, know I say all pinkpoint totally and dyno in all sentences in person. Know I may have started bolting threads. Said Dan Larson sux! And still my gaper fat ass probably sends more shit than you. You must be jealous or a loyal fan
[Wazzup][chubit]
5.10 in flip flops sucka! And I saw YOU redpointing 5.8 drunk! Whadda ya want, a sticker?

And although you yourself have admitted to being the king of all gapers, alas, you probably do send more than I. Whadda ya want, another sticker? [smile][smile]

I think what we need is a quiz! Jon, Tim, to arms! You could take the GAPE TEST on cc.com and rate how much of a gaper...you...um...your friends, yeah, your friends...are!

The very last question should be

"You take tests to see if you are a qualified gaper"

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

I think what we need is a quiz! Jon, Tim, to arms! You could take the GAPE TEST on cc.com and rate how much of a gaper...you...um...your friends, yeah, your friends...are!

Doesn't Vertical World have a Certified Gaper test?

2 bucks. Such a deal.

[ 05-31-2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: tomtom ]

Rate your gaper status (as appeared in Rock and Ice)

The first sticker on your helmet was:

A) DMM

B) BD

C) AO

D) TNF

A "Friend" is:

A) The person who buys the beer

B) Keeps quiet about your bumbly climbing

C) The girl you sleep with but don't "date"

D) Not a Camalot

If you are "rapping" you:

A) Have street cred

B) Shop for Xmas early

C) Bailed at the crux

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

You're all over it dude. [big Drink]

• 2 years later...