You might be a Washington gaper if . . .

Trillium

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of a time I was snoozing in the Mt. Hood climber's register when I heard a horrible scraping sound. I looked up with a "What the hell..?" and saw a lady coming in wearing the spikes from her car! Makes me wonder if the Mt. Hood brewpub has crampon scratches on its floor.

so to add (OR gapers)...

...if you've ever been on a rope team within 100 meters of Timberline Lodge.

...if you've ever self-arrested to avoid falling into the parking lot.

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

you know one time after a long night climbing one of the w side routes...i was almost to the parking lot and my one leg punched through the embankment and one leg sunk up to my knee and my body carried over my leg......

now that hurt......

You walk around campus with 10 'biners clipped to your northface bookbag- you stop of at the Tav (in ellensburg) on you way back from Vantage and bring you packs in, and start coiling ropes/ reracking quickdraws in the bar (true story, I've seen it)- you can lead 11d sport but are scared to lead party in your pants- you ask me to turn my music down at the grasslands- you have a free tibet sticker on your helmet/car- you try to look like Chris Sharma- you go to western (same as previous)- you live in wenatchee but 'sport'climb at vantage 5 days a week- you walk around the crags with lots of tape on your hands, a helmet, and a bunch of hexes- you wait in line to climb clip 'em or skip 'em- you go to smith and work the same route all weekend- you hang out with route bolters so people will think your cool....

quote:

Originally posted by Charlie:

- you walk around the crags with lots of tape on your hands, a helmet, and a bunch of hexes-

Hey! That's ME!! (minus the hexes)...

GAPE GAPE GAPE [Moon]

quote:

- you hang out with route bolters so people will think your cool....

Did that at Pub Club the other night...

GAPE GAPE GAPE [Moon]

You tape your hands to climb Diedre or Banana Peel.

You are seen driving around Squamish on Saturday night looking for a free camping spot but you end up paying to camp at the Chief.

You think the Brew Pub is a cool place to hang out at Squamish.

You prounounce it DEER -dree

You have heard of Slesse and Whistler and no other BC mountains.

You think a trad route is one where you have to supplement the bolts with one cam.

You have climbed Disappointment Cleaver a dozen times and no other routes on no other mountains.

You have the Tooth on your climbing resume and it is listed as a 5.5.

You have a climbing resume period.

...you're wearing all of your Gore-tex in the parking lot-before you leave the trail head.

...you use a hydration pack.

...you wear a foam climbing helmet

...you bring crack climbing shoes, face climbing shoes, approach shoes and hiking boots on the same trip

...you talk really loud about your crazy climbing epics on Bruce's Boulder while sitting in Gustav's with your Mountie friends.

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

you know one time after a long night climbing one of the w side routes...i was almost to the parking lot and my one leg punched through the embankment and one leg sunk up to my knee and my body carried over my leg......

now that hurt......

After our epic backcountry wilderness adventure I saw MATT H. fly off the road cut on his tele skis and land 6 ft down flat on the concrete... [laf][laf]

He STUCK it! perfect end to a not so perfect day... [hell no]

[ 05-23-2002, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Lambone ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

-you moved to Seattle from Montana to finish school...but you're failing school because of cc.com...
[Roll Eyes]

My bad dude sorry!

I wonder how many jobs have been lost because of this website?

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

When someone asks your name and you dont recongnize them you say "who wants to know" since you sprayed so many hours on cc.com
[Wazzup]
Dru
[Razz]

If someone askes me if i am that Dru I say " [laf] Oh, I met that guy once, I climb a lot more than him though."

a true gaper... climbs Rainier with RMI

... gets tickets from Forest Service Rangers cause they ain't got no parking pass

...has fingernails

...drinks C.L "Smooth"

...revisits past trips at REI to try and impress the checkout girl/boy

...keeps a Bible in a pool of blood

...reads Outside

...brags about speed ascents.

...lives in San Jose

-- You carry a Dayton bar to the crags instead of rock pro

-- despite being one of the most towering living legends in climbing, you still feel the need to steal Greentrails maps from REI [hell no]

-- You avoid telling even your own partners about the solo "Mt Hood incident"

-- you get repeatedly STOPPED COLD by flood control posting to this thread

-- you have known the owners of cc.com for years now and they still havent offered you a moderator position [Confused] hmmmmm

-- you take an onsight lead fall on Cat Crack, in front of the chick you are trying to bed

-- you get drunk at Pub Club and reveal to the pubsters that you think icegirl, allison, sayjay, and AlpineK are all really hot!

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

-- you get drunk at Pub Club and reveal to the pubsters that you think icegirl, allison, sayjay, and AlpineK are all really hot!

One of these things is not like the others [Confused]

- you know what happened on the Cirque Expedition!

- you are the one who started the whole Muir on Saturday thing.

- you ask Big Lou or Fred Beckey to sign your underwear

- your teacher and you both surf the same websites

- you get hoome from a climbing trip Sunday at 9:30 and your trip report is posted by 10:30. [laf]