yet another state tax on the poor

whirlwind

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really feel sorry for you if you got pulled over for speeding. When you don't have insurance you have to be careful. i.e. speeding, useing blicker, makinge sure light are working.

Why did you get pulled over?

Read the thread. It said he got pulled over because they ran his plates and the car was owned by someone with a suspended licence.

I don't really feel sorry for you if you got pulled over for speeding. When you don't have insurance you have to be careful. i.e. speeding, useing blicker, makinge sure light are working.

Why did you get pulled over?

Read the thread. It said he got pulled over because they ran his plates and the car was owned by someone with a suspended licence.

Guess I don't have to read the thread now do I. blush.gif

Thanks

I find there's two primary reason cops will pull you over:

1) You're doing something that makes them take notice of you

2) They're trying to meet their quota, and running plates just to see if they'll get a hit.

In my town, the cops are seriously underfunded, so they spend more man hours on violations that are fineable and will make them money, ie. speed traps, than minor crimes, ie. someone breaking into your home and stealing all your posessions. The local police have actually cited a policy to someone I know who's house was broken into and robbed that they will not send someone out to investigate a house that has been robbed unless under certain critera. Meantime state troopers will sit in the bushes for hours waiting to nab motorists going 10 MPH over the speed limit, endangering no-one. Talk about a crime.

The police certainly provide a service to the public, but in the realm of minor violations and white-collar crime, in my mind it is no longer "To protect and to serve." It's now "To project and to earn."

In climbing and in life,a man has to learn to tie his own knots.Usually much easier,more simple to stay on the up and up with the laws.If the laws are unjust,work to have them changed.Insurance,as crooked,discriminatory, and outrageously expensive as it is,protects you from the other driver as much as it covers you for liability.If you can't afford to drive,you may have to take the bus,or walk.Many thousands of people do,quite well.

Use the whole experience as an opportunity to look at what you need to do take responsibility for your situation and change it if you're not satisfied with it.Don't give in to blaming,it doesn't change a thing.

--------------------------------------------

"Though the law may be unjust,without the law,there is no place for an honest man to hide."

-Thomas More

"Great difficulty is great opportunity."

-Lao Tzu,Tao Te Ching

"No Whining!"

wave.gif

Edited by Mtguide