Mountaineers Creek Road?

pu

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

On Monday, with a truck or higher clearance vehicle (possibly a Subaru Outback type), you could drive the first 1.5 miles or so to about 2,800-2,900 ft (this was about a mile before the Eightmile Creek Trailhead). After 1.5 miles, there appeared to still be enough snow depth on the road that it wouldn't melt out to the ECTH for another couple of weeks. Also, the gate at Bridge Creek was open.

We saw your Suby. We were the black truck that parked in front of you Saturday morning.

Indeed, the road was as you decribed it. Cool weather lately seems to be stonewalling ("snowwalling"?) the melt-out effort. Not much had changed from Monday to Saturday for the rest of the road up to Eightmile Creek Trailhead.

• 2 weeks later...

drove up there on 4/3. it's melted out within a half mile or so from the lower TH, probably less as i always overjudge distances. no one was getting any further, even with big trucks. From what i heard, snowshoes are the ticket if you're heading into the Colchuck Lake area.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Aso: does anyone know where the road gets closed at "full winter conditions"?

It gets closed at the gate, which is before the bridge across Icicle Creek, by Bridge Creek campground in the bottom of the Icicle. Thats also where the Icicle road gets plowed to in winter. Last I heard Mountaineers Cr road was now officially gated shut, but you should call Leavenworth RS as that was hearsay...

Alex

• 4 weeks later...