the scandal

erik

so after climbing with colin yesterday and discussing the routes he claimed to have climbed recently. i have determind that colin and his partner DID make the 37,420 & 37,421 ascent of the n ridge of stuart!!!!

and the other one too!!!!

though he does lie back alot!!!! [laf]

[ 05-22-2002, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: erik ]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a friend and occassional partner of Colin, I think I'll call him Little Buddy. He's a lot more talented than Gilligan, but I just think the name is perfect. Can we agree that he is Little Buddy from now on? Think of the headlines:

"Little Buddy sends Girth Pillar in a day," and so on.

John

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

I have met colin. He is very enthusiastic and friendly. He climbs well and is bold. He does not have an ego like some people. If that bothers you then too bad seek more training and or instruction.

Twight ought to take some modesty lessons from 'little buddy'. [big Grin]

Cavey is right. Little Buddy is all of the above. He can kick steps for me any day. Just don't think that because he doesn't break through a frozen lake or sun crust that you won't either. He weighs about 130 lbs. soaking wet with a Mountaineers-sized rack over his shoulder!

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Oh Dru, how can you hold forth on the Necronomicon (book, not avatar) and not bring up the Evil Dead movies? (I, II, and Army of Darkness). These are some of the best Zombie movies of all time, excepting Dead Alive (Peter Jackson, better known for that hobbit movie) which is hands down the best Zombie film of all time.

I dont mention 4th generation derivatives. [big Grin]

Is that from the Brady Bunch episode where Greg and the boys find the tiki idol in the cave?

On a different, yet somehow related note, I always knew Danny Bonaducci (sp?) would kick Mike Williams ass but I didn't expect Todd Bridges to pound Vanilla Ice.

To bring it back around to climbing: did you know Billy Squire climbs?

Another boring day at the office.

Billy Squier was once profiled in Climbing Mag by his buddy Ed Webster. No shit. What about David Lee Roth? He climbs too an d is arguably a better guitar player. Maybe we should hold a celebrity solo climboff with the first to fall off losing.

Rodchester you are friends with both of these guys right ? [Razz]

dru, granted my memories of the 80's are hazey at best, but I realy don't remember dlr actualy playing anything but AIR or himself. Eddy Van Halen on the other hand, well he can play [big Grin]

sorry so off subject [Wink]

CAUGHT OUT!!! [Embarrassed][Embarrassed][Embarrassed] In fact I know nothing at all about 80s guitar music. For all I know DLR was a keyboard player.

But that album cover with him soloing in the Sierras is sure classic. The lycra... the hair... the 80s!!! [big Grin]