NASCAR on IMAX!!!

chucK

JEEZUS

Just saw this IMAX movie about NASCAR in 3D down at the science center. Talk about a weird scene. That place was completely packed, y'know like, trying to get the shy people to move over next to the other shy people so there won't be single seats type of packed. Spied 3 or 5 NASCAR sponsor type Bud jackets n' shit. People were seriously excited about this.

I mean it's bad enough to be all excited about going to some place where you sit in a crowd and pay 5$ for a hotdog and watch a bunch of loud cars go round and round, but it seems to add another dimension of uselessness to go watch a crazy fan adulation movie about it. Whoa. Trippy. I am such an elitist snob. I guess I sorta felt the same way going to some Rolling Stones concert in a giant football stadium and hearing every fucking song with the same damn chunka chunka chunka chunka 4x4 beat, and being all drunk and looking up to see 50,000 people all swaying in time to the same damn boring beat for every damn boring song... crazy....

Anyway...they did have some kool music in the soundtrack like the Ministry/Gibby song "Jesus Built My Hotrod" and ZZtop and some garage rock thing at the end, and Jack Bauer from "24" was the narrator.

My kid seemed to like the 3-D effect. He just kept reaching out to try to grab the stuff. Luckily we were in the front row below the 6-story high screen shocked.gifbigdrink.gifhahaha.gif

dude

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I took my son and we both enjoyed it very much! Chuck, you should lighten up a little and just enjoy things for what they are. I asked my son what his favorite part was and he said "when that guy said the biggest thing to be afraid of was seeing # 3 in my rear view mirror!" A toast to you Dale!!! I like the tire that came flying off and went zooming over my head! 3-D rockband.gif!!!!

He just kept reaching out to try to grab the stuff.

Funny!

I brought this little boy I take care of to see the movie last week. He has many special needs. He is very aggressive and likes to swing/hit at people. To my suprise he kept the glasses on the entire time. He also spent the majority of the movie swinging/trying to hit the people, especially when the smaller screens would popup. I was laughing so hard, I thought for sure we were going to get kicked out.

This was the first 3d movie I have seen since...... confused.gif I wanna see more!