You might be a washington climber if...

glen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...you've rappeled from a Beckey belay bush a time or two [Eek!][Eek!]

...you know the true meaning of bush-wacking [hell no][hell no]

...you post at cc asking a gazillion questions about a route before doing it [Confused][Confused]

...you post at cc boasting about the route you just completed [Cool][Cool]

. . . If thick leather "bushwack gloves" is one of your ten essentials.

. . . If your legs are "butt white", even in hottest summer because you always wear pants from fear of stinging nettles, devil's club etc.

. . . If you end up paying more than $200/yr for a FS pass, Volcano Pass, Ranier Climbers Permit, Snowpark Pass, ONP/Rainier entrance fees, overnight feets etc.

. . . If you know that the light grey and the orange lichen are less slippery than the black.

. . . If your chock pick doubles as a "gardening" trowel.

... when you fall on your a$$ whilst riding and blame it on the cascades crud/cement and dream of freshiez

... you have a love/hate relationship with the word freshiez, you just can't stand it, but whenever you see something white, you hear yourself saying "f r e s h i e z "

...wet slabs are just part of the fun.

...you know seven different ways to waterproof your clothes/tent/boots

...you know what time the 4 nearest drive-up coffee stands open, and the name of the hottie who works there.

...the 40 minute drive to Tacoma is too far for Pub Club, but the 6 hour drive to Smith is reasonable for a weekend of climbing.

And some positive ones……

…..you go climb a mountain and the only other people you see are your buddies.

…..you experience a cloudless weekend. They are treasured.

…...knowing this is the largest glacial system in the lower 49.

…..knowing the NCNP mountains have the most vertical gain in the shortest distance from valley to summit in the lower 48.

…..knowing you have several thousand choices of peaks to climb.

…..you know what deep snow means.

…..you post on cascadeclimbers.com.

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan:

And some positive ones……

…..you go climb a mountain and the only other people you see are your buddies.

…..you experience a cloudless weekend. They are treasured.

…...knowing this is the largest glacial system in the lower 49.

…..knowing the NCNP mountains have the most vertical gain in the shortest distance from valley to summit in the lower 48.

…..knowing you have several thousand choices of peaks to climb.

…..you know what deep snow means.

…..you post on cascadeclimbers.com.

oooh largest glacial system in the lower 49. did you know that the Garibaldi Neve is supposedly larger than all the ice in the Lower 49 COMBINED!!!

Oh, and Dru, much as you might want to be included and we're supposed to be all touchy feely and politically correct, this is about the Northwest, and I belive you live in the Southwest. Which is not to say that I wouldn't be tickled pink to be Canadian...

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Oh, and Dru, much as you might want to be included and we're supposed to be all touchy feely and politically correct, this is about the Northwest, and I belive you live in the Southwest. Which is not to say that I wouldn't be tickled pink to be Canadian...

I agree this thread is about Washington climbing and everyone knows Washington is a warm up for BC. As referenced in the funny article written by a Seattle climber in the CAJ about the Waddington Range called "This Aint The Cascades, Jack."

Just like Beacon Rock WA is the 'best crag in Oregon' , Squamish is the 'best crag in washington' for you guys and we have all the

kine bud, good beers and cuter girlz. So y'all can stay down there in your little Seattle Pube Club cause we dont need you up here in the southwest. [Razz][Razz]

[Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

So y'all can stay down there in your little Seattle Pube Club cause we dont need you up here in the southwest.[/QB]

PING! Is that the sound of my little pellet rifle winging a round off Dru's glossy glacier clad flanks? Dude, there's always a Greater Range somewhere. I for one am hoping to catch a good draft off your beta for the the North Ridge of Clarke....

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

quote:

So y'all can stay down there in your little Seattle Pube Club cause we dont need you up here in the southwest.

PING! Is that the sound of my little pellet rifle winging a round off Dru's glossy glacier clad flanks? Dude, there's always a Greater Range somewhere. I for one am hoping to catch a good draft off your beta for the the North Ridge of Clarke....[/QB]

AMERICAN $$$ ACCEPTED AT PAR [Wink]

quote:

[QBQUOTE]AMERICAN $$$ ACCEPTED AT PAR
[Wink]
[/QB]

Whats the old Shadowy Men from a Shadowy Planet song, "Five American, Six Canadian?" Actually, that's a little generous these days, isn't it? All a part of what makes Canada great if you ask me. Rest assured Dru, all us Southerners are probably just a little jealous of your (more) pallid girls and 6% beer...