Car alarm ideas

Thinker

I'll be installing a car alarm in a vehicle I just bought and am looking for slick ideas about the placement of the components....i.e. places to put the little horn/siren so a thief can't just slide under the car and cut the wires easily, places to hide the kill/valet switch, and other slick ideas to up the quality a bit.

I chose to install it myself for the joy of it, and because I don't really trust the punk kids I've seen in the installation bays at the few local places I visited.

And, heck, since this IS spray, how about some outlandish ideas for car security? A locksmith told me people in South Africa prevent car jackings by electrifying their cars and installing propane 'flamers' to ward off would be attackers. Other ideas?!?!?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bumping stereo in a VW Rabbit in college but I didn't want to spring for a car alarm. I instead wired in a red blinking Chrismas bulb and stuck it up through a small hole I drilled in the dash. Looked good and I never did have my car broken in to, but the light was always blinking whether the car was running or not.