ODOT Plowing Cascade Lakes Hwy

gapertimmy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Road is clear as far as I can see from Dutchman flat. Gate is still closed though, saw on some other sites that they might leave the gates closed this weekend (one by Elk Lake and the other outside West Village parking lot) If so, you could bike back into Todd Lake or Devils Lake for some supah fine freshies, got some new night before last... saturday is looking shatty though on the forecast.

About ten years ago I went with a large group to enjoy some fun in the sun at Green Lakes over Memorial Day weekend (I highly recommend this as a destination for turns and tanning) and the road was in a similar state: fully plowed but gated. Being law abiding citizens, we set off on foot to walk down the road to the Fall Creek trailhead. One of our buddies, however, hadn't shown up and about an hour later, when we were almost to the trailhead, the guy shows up in his car. In his CAR -- what?? It turned out that some grey-haired RV drivers wearing jump suits had a pair of bolt cutters and they had decided it was time to open the gate at Dutchman Flat.