Moving to PNW

swaterfall

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If you are torn between OR and WA then there is always Hood River. It is pretty cool as long as you are not looking for a job there. Check it on the map, it's pretty much dead center of everything (that is, if you count the stuff in OR). Plus it is right next to Hood and Adams. Oh and I think there is a law that if you live in Hood River then you also have to give whitewater kayaking a shot.

• 2 years later...
Winter is almost over in CO and I'm itching to head to the land of the volcanos and big glaciers. I work from home so I can live wherever I want. Right now I'm thinking that Bend has the best access to (in order of importance) mountaineering, spring skiing, rock and social life. My question... where would you go if you were moving to the N West?

Washington and Canada are tied for #1 for mountaineering.

Canada and Washington #1 then #2 for Skiing with Timberline in Oregon #1 for summer skiing which goes all summer until late August- Early September. California has some great winter skiing at Tahoe, sometimes there is no snow in spring (I think this is may be one of those years).

Rock: California far and away #1, followed by Washington/Canada then Oregon.

Social: hey, California invented Pot and LSD, that should tell you something. Canada/Washington co-#1 followed by Oregon, but Bend is a tight lil community by itself.

Good luck.

Bill