Moving to PNW

swaterfall

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I like Portland. Climbing was the main reason I wanted to move to the PNW, though it's not the only reason, and Portland suits my needs just fine. However, after my 8th trip to the North Cascades last summer, I was really wishing I had chosen someplace a little north of Seattle.

Everett is where it's at fool.

You just don't know the secret bouldering spots and crack problems that are in suburban everett.

Yea yea there are lots of crack problems in Everett. I hear about it on the news every night.

I think thats why he likes it. They aren't into pot there... rolleyes.gif

Winter is almost over in CO and I'm itching to head to the land of the volcanos and big glaciers. I work from home so I can live wherever I want. Right now I'm thinking that Bend has the best access to (in order of importance) mountaineering, spring skiing, rock and social life. My question... where would you go if you were moving to the N West?

Dude, living in the PNW is like being married to a beautiful woman... that is nearly always sick.

If you do move there then check out the dry,sunny eastern side of the mtns and spare yourself some SADD... wave.gif

I guess we are all assuming that you don't need to work, aren't we? If that is the case, then only climbing access and cheap digs are the criteria. I'd live in Wenatchee or Twisp, probably. All the amenities, more sun than the west side. Close to good granite or skiing. There's fishing and water skiing too. Cost of living is less.

Bellingham is great! It's booming, and the place is crazy with beautiful women. Housing is pretty cheap,but jobs are not plentiful.

Baker, Squamish is a coupla hours away. Skaha a couple of more, Washington Pass right there. Index is shooting distance, and ice climbing is not too far either.

No good cragging nearby is a bummer, but for the most part it is a fun town. Good brewpub, music scene.

i'm "originally" from seattle (lived there for nearly 13 years), but i'll be headed for squamish as soon as my telluride winter is officially over. i sure wish there was more of it left to get more wi in first, though! i don't know about the social life there, but i think everything else is close enough to make it worth it.

If you like fastfood, I definitely recommend Wenatchee. They've got three of each chain. Where as, finding a regular restaurant in that town is as hard as finding the obvious gully.

McGlenn's, the Wok About Grill, Former Owl Drug soda Fountain, La Fuenta.... oh there are pleanty.

Bend is a cool town, Its not that close the volcanoes either. At least not closer than many other areas.

Hmm. Bachelor, the Sisters, Jefferson, are all a might bit closer to Bend than Hood. And are all volcanic. You seen those things they call maps?