Sherman Wall in West Seattle?

gabo

I'm considering a move from Wedgewood over to WSeattle and was wonderin' how the Sherman wall compares to the UW Wall? I can't tell from the pics on the Park's Dept Website and can't get over there till the weekend to check it out.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rock was constructed to teach beginners. Most of the problems are pretty easy. However there is at least one hard problem on the west face of the tower that is pretty hard, like 5.11 or so. But no, it doesn't compare to UW Rock. It would be cool if they would add a modern rock at Camp Long.

I used to live in West Seattle and for a workout I would run up to Camp Long, boulder around until my arms hurt and run home. It is not nearly as extensive as the rock at the U but it is a pretty cool little rock that you can do laps on. As an added plus, every once in a while the "hoods in the woods" will be doing a field trip there. Always entertaining to watch the counselors try to control the crowds.