Darington road conditions

Dave_Schuldt

I know there is another thread for this, but the seach thing didn't work. High clearence is required about 2 miles from pavement.

If you can't make it you will have to walk 3 miles to get to the 3:00 rock parkiing. We got rained off Silent Running so we cleaned up the trail and went over to Exfoliation Dome. We claned up the avy junk from both gullies under the dome, again you need high clearence. The first pithc of silent running was under snow, looked like less snow under the Quin Conehead route. Lots of snow at the start of some of the Exfoliation Dome climbs, however, the slime has not grown yet in the aproach gully. Eaven though the Granite Sidewalk was wet, we had great traction. Oh yeah, I went with chucK, we had a good time.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We must have just missed you, Dave. We got up to the snow around 11am, just as it started to drizzle. Before the rock got wet noticed that some of the routes had water slicks on various pitches, but many pitches looked good past the first thirty feet or so. After waiting till 1pm we gave up and went to Erie instead.

I would recommend mountain boots for kick stepping the final portion of the trail to the base of the rock.

[Eek!][laf][laf][laf][laf] That's because the Mounties were having a scramble class at Mt. Erie on Saturday. Funniest damn thing I've ever seen. I couldn't help it, I started smirking and laughing out loud a couple times in the midst of them. After wandering around aimlessly for awhile we ended up climbing at Upper Wall, had it to ourselves, just had to watch out for falling climbing helmets [Eek!] from our Mountie friends above us.