Route Guide for Tieton?

gabo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just get beta from ppl at the climbers ranch. It'd be more up to date on snow & ice conditions. I've seen snow on the glacier rt. all through the year, then I've seen it pollished in June. Same goes with the NW Couloir. The rangers at Jenny Lake can sometimes give you good condition reports as well.

last spring he told us it would be out by late summer, we though he ment '03 but maybe he was talking about '04.

But seriously i have heard that new route development has caused him to delay the printing. also i don't know how the vantage guide book is selling, costs them a lot of $ up front to print the books.

...$10 but not very well put together. I hope they have an updated one!

There isn't. The Q&D Guide was a "one-time" thing, and Yale has moved to Wyoming (hence the name of the Strobach ice climb, "Sudden Change of Plans") and Norm doesn't get out much anymore what with his gymnasium biz.

Hmm. It doesn't really look good for the time being. I was really hoping to get away from the crowds at FC. I'm a little stretched thin of that place as of late (and that was before the accident...). Hopefully Yoder & CO will release their book soon to help the problem for a short time until the Tieton catches on like FC has recently. Is there anyway I could score from/pay for a copy of their guide book?

I was looking for mostly sport since I'm still working on my trad skills. I've never actually been there so I may go out this weekend and check it out.

It also appears that Hyperspuds website is a little in disarray or being constructed. I'm going to call them today and if I cruise over I may pick it up while in the Yakima area.

Continuing my trad statement above, where is a good place to test falls on pro? I was going to do it at Vantage, but the rock there isn't as diverse as I would like to see. I want to see some granite where there is some variance. When does Darrington usually come in? Late August? smile.gif

Tieton routs for sport are quite different than Vantage. You don't have jugs and obvious holds, they're all crimpers and take a little time to find on the routs. They have humbled a couple climbers including me! But great climbs! If you're having trouble finding the guide pm me and I'll help ya.