Spring Ski In

AlpineK

Minx, I brought my son last year but am not this year, although it was my ex-wife that put the kabosh on it, not me. You can bring him if you want and I'll say it's open to anyone who wants to bring a kid at their own discretion. I hope you can make it. You can do smith anytime!

If people show up Thursday night or before I do Friday and someone comes over (from Rocking Horse ranch) to see what's going on, let them know it is a climbers/skiiers weekend event and "Lloyd" knows all about it. (He's the owner of the property.) Just be courteous as they watch over the place and are just doing their job!

There are 2 coleman lanterns in the cabin, but we should use our own gas. We don't need garbage cans, just bags. See Kurts list for more stuff.

A stereo would be cool, but there is no electricity. So large boom box might work.

See ya soon!

Dave

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My buddy KJ just phoned to say he skied at Washington Pass yesterday and had a good time so he wants to go back this weekend. We didn't talk very long, so I didn't get the specifics, but he said the snow was good on both the hairpin gully and on the Blue Lake side of the ridge.

DIRECTIONS COPIED FROM OTHER THREAD

Heading east from Wa pass, from the turn off to Mazama it is approx 4.5 miles to the gate on the left(north) side. It is just before Rocking Horse Ranch and about 3/4 miles before Weeman bridge where Hwy 20 crosses the Methow river. There is a PVC arch and a metal gate which will be open as soon as the first person arrives.

The driveway winds across a field a short ways and takes a few minor turns in the open trees. All campers take a left at the porta potty, to find the camping area. Be conscious of vehicle parking so there is plenty of room for tents. You can have a fire there as well, but the main party is at the cabin. If it gets crowded, we may have to put cars out in the field at the entrance and walk in. Straight ahead from the porta potty is a pan abode cabin with a large deck. Behind the cabin is a loop trail that will take you to the river after crossing a few overflow streams that will probably be flowing at this time of year.

I have ordered and paid for the porta potty. Please use it for #2 only. Piss in the woods. It would be great if a few of us could bring firewood.

I will bring a chain saw for cutting up dead fall and may recruit people to help get some in the wood shed. I always try to do that for the owners. (I do not own this place, but have permission and so I always try to leave it better than I found it!)

There is a hand pump well, but the water is kinda rusty. Bring your own drinking water. You can also get it from the river, but it's a little bit of a hike.