Spring Ski In

AlpineK

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

still strongly considering going... and if so i can take two others in the car. can leave friday morning (say by like 10 am or so) & get in a short ski-tour friday on the way to mazama. need to be back in seattle by 8 pm on sunday tho, so sunday would be a short ski (or maybe just recovery) day.

whether i go will mostly depend on whether anyone else is either (a) a beginner b/c skier, and/or (b) feels like skiing with one. on groomers i'm a solid, fast blue-run-skier. have only done b/c a few times, but should have no problem with most conditions, or with skinning up about 4000 feet in a day (saturday), possibly 5000'+.

have taken an avy/beacon class a few years ago, but haven't used beacons in a while; want to do some backyard practice either some night this week, or friday nite when we get to dave's place.

sound good? want to meet up at pub club this week to discuss?

only on this site sporadically lately, especially for the next coupla days-- visiting family in florida ... so, p.m. or email me (ethan98105@yahoo.com)

fruit.gifbigdrink.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

You'll drive right to the camping area, which is in pine trees. There's a 99.99% chance you will be camping on dirt and pine needles.

BEER ALERT!!!!!

There will be beer provided as part of the function. More details later

note: A smart camper always brings their own beer in case of an emergency. wink.gif

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

You'll drive right to the camping area, which is in pine trees. There's a 99.99% chance you will be camping on dirt and pine needles.

BEER ALERT!!!!!

There will be beer provided as part of the function. More details later

note: A smart camper always brings their own beer in case of an emergency. wink.gif

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

preferably in large kegs smile.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

WA Pass is great but don't be discouraged if its storming up there or something. The Methow Valley is pretty good for a weekend of grins. I think this shot is more or less in the same location as the one above: pitch 5 of the Methow Inspiration Route (there are harder and easier climbs, some longer some only 80 feet long, nearby).

339245-gt5.JPG

339245-gt5.JPG.29b51b1fe20d7dace4b27607fcfc854d.JPG