*^()*_$## THIEVES

minx

ALL OF OF MY CLIMBING GEAR WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHT. A COMPLETE RACK OF CAMS 3 HARNESSES AND 3 SETS OF SHOES. IF ANYONE SEES ANY OF THESE ITEMS FOR SALE ANYWHERE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THEY ARE MARKED WITH BLUE AND ORANGE NAIL POLISH. THERE ARE DOUBLE BD CAMALOTS FROM .75 - 3. TCUS IN THE SMALLER SIZES. THIS IS JUST ABOUT EVERY PIECE OF GEAR WE HAVE. AT THIS POINT I CAN'T EVEN CLIP FRIGGIN BOLTS.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will definitely keep an eye on ebay!!! good reminder. i would just like to thank anyone who happens across this creep, locates my gear and then takes the largest cam from my rack thwacks him upside the head with it!

That really sucks!!!! I think I would consider suicide if that happened to me. . . . . . not to mention my net worth would be about 10 bucks if all my climbing stuff was stolen.

fortunately it appears that the shoes and harnesses will be replaces this week or else suicide might be on this weeks "to do" list. the thief was kind enough to leave me a chalk bag. thanks buddy! we've located 6 draws and a couple of reversos in the gear room. i still have few slings and biners so i don't think i'll need to be talked off the ledge but it was close for a couple hours yellaf.gif

minx,

Where was it stolen from? That'd help us keep an eye out for it in the near future. (i.e. reader boards, ebay, etc) Like others here, I'm a gear slut, so I tend to keep close tracks of used gear for sale in my neighborhoods.

it was stolen from snoq. pass. so the greater seattle area. i'm a total gear whore so i too watch for good used buys. if someone gets a bargain deal on my gear, i'll reimburse them if they return it to me.

i would like to add a positive note to this: i've received some very nice and helpful PMs from folks. i really appreciate the help guys! cc.com is a good community and it's nice to be reminded that there are so many nice people out there!

southernmtnguide rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifs

Edited by minx

Hey all you criminals!

I'm going to sabotage a bunch of my old, retired gear and leave it in the back of my car at the trailheads. Go ahead and take it! and think of Minxy as you take a lead fall and the 1st biner snaps, then the next sling rips, then you crator like wild E and break your low life neck... you, you,you choss climbing, gear stealing maggot! madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

PS. I want my damned altimeter back! madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

PPSS. For all you worms who scream, "But I might be buying used/stolen gear! You shouldn't sabotage it! You might injure the wrong person" ... Guess what kids! You're the biggest part of the problem! wave.gif

PPPSSS> Of, course I would never do any of this, but this kind of sh*t really pisses me off! madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Sorry Minx, that really sucks.

I had that happen twice last season. first they got all my shoes, belay devices, and harnesses, from my 'secure' garage. Second time they got my rope/bag and whatever else i can't find. Both times I'd just gotten home from the gym, went up to my condo, and came back down (an hour tops) to go to work... man oh man I feel your pain. I'm still breaking in the replacement shoes. grrrr. that so sucks.

Talk about bad karma for the idiot(s) who would do such a thing. I could live with my lawn mower, tv, etc... being stolen from my house but my climbing gear is so personal to me. I hope you find the bastards.

Hey, you find out who it is, offer to take them climbing. Tell them to try this great 5.5 pitch you know. Put them on some sick 5.12r pitch. When they are crying half way up, tell them you took them off belay. You know they stole you gear and then step away from the belay area as the poop drops. Tell them you are going to pull a Simon Yates on their ass if they place gear and sit on it.

Oh...is that thunder I hear? yellaf.gifwink.gif

This world needs a little more justice. Will definately keep an eye open for your gear. I am going to 2nd ascent Sat. If you have any pics, send them to me. Otherwise, I will take this thread.

I have extra gear for you to use on Liberty ridge but it may be too big for you.

bug- you rockband.gif

fortunately it was mostly rock gear. i think i'm still good for lib ridge grin.gif still finding what's missing but i don't think anything to significant for rainier is gone. i think i'm going to head into second ascent sometime this week, myself. after all, i do need a few things madgo_ron.gif

i do just want to say again, as bas this sucks, the sting has really been taken out by how helpful everyone has been. thanks to the help from some folks on this site i'm going to be able to climb this w/e. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif to the folks here at cc.com.

all of you have offered help in various ways have beer waiting for you. bigdrink.gif

Edited by minx