Smith pictures TR

Distel32

sorry folks but I'm too damn tired to write a TR.

Fun weekend with: MisterE, Wirlwind, Thad, Jen, myself, Mike Layton, Texplorer, TimL, and Skyclimb. I think that is everybody....? Anyway here are the pics.

Karsten belaying Tim on Crossfire, then Tim on crossfire:

3256karstenbelay-med.jpg

3256timlcross-med.jpg

3256timcrossfire-med.jpg

Luke turns to the darkside and tests some jams on the "approach" to crossfire:

3256darkside-med.jpg

Tim belaying Tex on Crack Babies, then Tex climbing it:

3256smiff_073-med.jpg

3256karsten01-med.jpg

3256karsten02-med.jpg

3256karsten03-med.jpg

Me getting my share of Crack Babies

3256luke01-med.jpg

3256luke02-med.jpg

3256luke03-med.jpg

3256luke04-med.jpg

I'll have more pics up in a few days, just too lazy to get them up tonight.

Luke

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever have one of those weekends where you feel like your eyes were opened to something new? Well, I had one of those weekends. Yes, it was great!

We saw a redpoint of To Bolt or Not to Be (5.14), and even caught a short glimpse of the elusive DFA. I want to thanks TimL and Distel getting me excited about pushing myself again on some hard sport stuff. On the way back to Portland I could hardly keep the drool in my mouth as I perused through my weathered smith guide at all the possibilities. Thanks everyone!!

Oh, nice pics Luke. Just a few more days in the gorge and your turn to the dark side will be complete.

Edited by texplorer

Do you ever have one of those weekends where you feel like your eyes were opened to something new? Well, I had one of those weekends. Yes, it was great!

We saw a redpoint of To Bolt or Not to Be (5.14), and even caught a short glimpse of the elusive DFA. I want to thanks TimL and Distel getting me excited about pushing myself again on some hard sport stuff. On the way back to Portland I could hardly keep the drool in my mouth as I perused through my weathered smith guide at all the possibilities. Thanks everyone!!

Oh, nice pics Luke. Just a few more days in the gorge and your turn to the dark side will be complete.

1. Word, big props to Mr. Caldwell for firing TBONTB! Nice work!

2. You saw DFA. Riiiiiight. rolleyes.gif

3. Clip 'em up! Viva sportisme! thumbs_up.gif (How d'ya like that Crack Babies rig? Good fun, huh?)

To the mudpile!bigdrink.gif

Fun weekend with: MisterE, Wirlwind, Thad, Jen, myself, Mike Layton, Texplorer, TimL, and Skyclimb. I think that is everybody....?

tongue.gif You forgot me! I know we didn't climb much together this weekend, but I spent ten hours in the car with you guys! yellaf.gif

A fun time for sure...my second time climbing and my first rap, first belay and first multipitch went down this weekend. Plus I got totally thrashed on Karate Crack - my hands look like a dog was chewing on them! yelrotflmao.gif

Fun weekend with: MisterE, Wirlwind, Thad, Jen, myself, Mike Layton, Texplorer, TimL, and Skyclimb. I think that is everybody....?

tongue.gif You forgot me! I know we didn't climb much together this weekend, but I spent ten hours in the car with you guys! yellaf.gif

A fun time for sure...my second time climbing and my first rap, first belay and first multipitch went down this weekend. Plus I got totally thrashed on Karate Crack - my hands look like a dog was chewing on them! yelrotflmao.gif

OH YA IT HURTS SO GOOD wink.gif

Sweet trip! we even had movie night satrday night in misterE's van, complete with stadium seating too. Major props to nick (skyclimb) for finishing the pitch and seting up a bail when my arm bone decided to seperate from my shoulder halfway up zebra zion. PRR's coming your way next time.

first, that's not me.

second, tele these days is for those pudgy gearheads over on telemarktips.com who seem to afford new planks every 2 weeks.

third, I won't disgrace a perfectly good TR with sweet Smith climbing with talk of tele. yellaf.gif

I already did downhill for like 11 years. Love it. Just don't have time for it, too expensive. One day is like 35bucks? whole weekend at smith is 25 with two other people in my car.

Crack Babies is sweet, want to go back and redpoint.

crack4lyfe, bwahahaha

I agree on the thread drift. The first part of that Crossfire route looks pretty cool. A pretty crazy looking crack in the rock. What does it go at and what's the deal with the top part? Are there bolts up there or just run out?

Also, the second route pictured, Crack Babies, is it in Cocaine Gulley? That's the name of the gulley with the huge boulder wedged between the walls that you have to crawl beneath to get into the gulley proper right? If I'm not mistaken, on my one and only trip to Smith several years ago my buddy and I tried to "on-sight" that route. We watched as a couple of Bend-ers told us we were either stupid or rediculously strong if we could both do it. Ha! Not even close. My buddy did it on a couple of hangs and I felt like I should have brought a portaledge along I spent so much time hangin.

Karate Crack, 10a. Crossfire is bolted to the top of the wall.

Crack Babies is in Cocaine Gulley, 12a/b. No really hard moves, pumpy and steep. Tex did it with one or two hangs on his second try, I did it with three on my frist try, Tim did it with one I think....

Edit: Yeah Iain, crossfire is hard, I couldn't do the first crux

Edited by Distel32