Wanted: Cheap Ski Tix

Blake

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the morning, just hang out by the ticket booth and look for people obviously from out of town, making furtive glances and not wearing any ski gear (it could also be some one who works there looking to sell as they get these things for tips sometimes). If it is around lunch time, just approach people heading to their cars and packing up for the day. If it is at the end of the day see who's in the first aid room waiting for transport.

Works everytime; from Colorado to BC so far...

bigdrink.gif

It's against the law of course. But it's a stupid law

It's against the law of course. But it's a stupid law

[soapbox]

ever wonder why ski tickets are expensive? follow dem guidelines and help ensure the annual increase in ticket prices. be sure to steal gas, food and beer to round out your pillaging on your ski trip.

[/soapbox]

In Colorado, and I guess in BC for that matter, most of the money is made by the real estate/developement arm of these companies. Intra west anybody.

If you paid for a days lift riding and want to give part of it to someone else, what is wrong with that...

Nothing! Fuck 'em

If it is a local ski area and not a resort, that is another issue. I always pay full price at Baker...

Uhmmm, no matter could still be a factor in the price.

I used to justify scamming by the fact that I wasn't able to ski there if I had to pay, so it wasn't lost revenue at least, and maybe I would buy lunch or something on the hill.

At $12 for a burger, I think I know who is getting scammed then. cheeburga_ron.gif

Clipping tix from a guy in the First aid room is a little low though...

But using a day ticket that was bought, and the buyer is not going to use??? Seems OK to me. Maybe not legal, but probably ethical.

ticket fraud and for that matter pass fraud is huge. it is amazing the ammount of time and money resorts (and small ski hills) pour into preventing loss from theft and transfering of non-transferable day/multi day tickets. its something i never really thought of before seeing the other side of the coin.

just like any other business, resorts i believe make up for the loss in the bottom line by charging higher prices ( to offset costs of enforcing ticket fraud prevention ). it amazes me what some people do to rip off ski resorts! but if you are going to do it, make sure you don't get caught because (depending on the state and what you do) the businesses can/will press charges because most day/multi day/ and season passes all have non-transferability agreements built in.

Sounds like you're criticizing this youngster for wanting to buy a ticket from a private party who legally paid for the voucher but did not use it. I have no problem with this. I don't think loaning your season pass to a friend is ok though.

Like most businesses, the resorts will probably increase ticket prices by "whatever the market will bear" not just what they figure they lost to fraud the previous year. boxing_smiley.gif

yeah tlg, but not some one else's day pass or multi day ticket.

Come on, let's face it; some desk jockey flies out from Chicago buys a 4 of 5 day pass, skis his ass off day one, partys too hard that night (at altitude) feels like crap on day two, and skis maybe part of a day. Doesn't drink enough water and spends too much time in the hot tub cause his body hurts and he thinks that will cure it (dehydrated now). Doesn't ski on day three because his body is shot. Skis day four but is basically done at that point sells his remaining day to me on day five for pocket change.

Happens all the time rolleyes.gif

The ski resort doesn't get a net increase in skier volume (shit those lifts run all the time anyways) and the ride is paid for. Those 4 of 5 hardly give a discount at all. They should be transferrable. WTF!

Sounds like you're criticizing this youngster for wanting to buy a ticket from a private party who legally paid for the voucher but did not use it. I have no problem with this. I don't think loaning your season pass to a friend is ok though.

Like most businesses, the resorts will probably increase ticket prices by "whatever the market will bear" not just what they figure they lost to fraud the previous year. boxing_smiley.gif

That's what I was trying to get at. I'm not going to steal or scam anyone here.

Call it stealing, call it protesting, call it what you want...if I have an opportunity, with little risk, to pay less to the company making money of ***MY*** land, I will take it.

My favorite was the time I got harassed at 7:30 in the morning (long before opening time) by the Hyak ski patrol for skinning up adjascent to a groomed run. They told me I needed a lift ticket even if I was skinning up. I made some quick comments about it being my land and where they could shove some stuff. They went on about their lease and "it's the policy" and shit and I told them if they cared they could feel free to call the Sheriff and they could find me a few miles back in the backcountry. hahaha.gif

Call it stealing, call it protesting, call it what you want...if I have an opportunity, with little risk, to pay less to the company making money of ***MY*** land, I will take it.

My favorite was the time I got harassed at 7:30 in the morning (long before opening time) by the Hyak ski patrol for skinning up adjascent to a groomed run. They told me I needed a lift ticket even if I was skinning up. I made some quick comments about it being my land and where they could shove some stuff. They went on about their lease and "it's the policy" and shit and I told them if they cared they could feel free to call the Sheriff and they could find me a few miles back in the backcountry. hahaha.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifyellaf.gif