Bike To Work Day

JERRY_SANCHEZ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

Yea. I rode with in a "critical mass" this morning which ended at City Hall. I then continued up the canyon for a 30 mile ride. Spring is a great time to ride.

Are they still doing Critical Mass? That's great. I used to ride in it regularly, when it was the last Friday of the month, but stopped when we moved. Is there a regularly scheduled day?

I rode in today, like every day, 22 mi rt. I passed two counting stations and made sure I got counted at both of them, to help the numbers.

quote:

Originally posted by glen:

Rode in, same as most days. It was a bit wet, so the fenders went back on. D'oh!

Though I see the utility of fenders, I've been hesitant to put any on because I was under the impression they were considered aid?

If you think it looks cool to have a brown stain on your ass, sure, fenders are gay. Hell, the stain's a conversation-starter at least. [Roll Eyes][Moon]

Maybe you commute along the w. greenway. That used to be my route but it doesn't go through to L. Oswego. And I was sick of the dog owner/dog combo that would somehow take up the entire path with the leash in between.

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:

8 miles round trip on the burke so yes i am a pussy, but i do it every freaking day of the year.

ingbike.jpg

i helped staff the bike-to-work-day station at blakely and 25th. it was a mob scene from before 6 am to when i left at 8. i had the counter and we'd seen 270 people during that time. i talked to a couple guys who do some serious rides to bellevue and such all year. judging by the number of bikes with fenders i think a lot of these people bike to work on a reasonably regular basis.

bikin to work. i like it.

25 miles r/t5 days a week for the last 2 years , hey greg at the bike station were your boots highly shined? [smile]

Christ, what do you expect, I'm sitting at the computer, in my living room with my kids watching cartoons. Silly boys [Wink][Razz] Besides, it's not what you wear on the outside that matters [Wink]

[ 05-21-2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: sk ]

I don't believe you. I know about the makeup clad mini skirt wearing crowd you run with. The kind of woman who wakes up before you to put on her make up. THOSE are the ones you SHOULD be affraid of. They have something to hide [Wink]