• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's latest Nodder news:

This girl doesn't like the Nodder.

why I hate the corporate world….reason #1802

The Nodder

Well, it may have been awhile since my last blog about how sucky the corporate world is but that’s not for lack of things that I hate. I’m a hater (sorry for the strong language, Sparkles) and today, it was The Nodder who set me off.

Everyone knows a Nodder - the person who asks you a question and starts to nod before you even put your first sentence together. The Nodder may also be found listening to the Evil IT Guy talking about IT Architecture, Code and Keys and blah blah blah and The Nodder is nodding away in total acknowledgement of blah blah blah, even though he/she has likely never heard the term architecture used outside the world of bricks and mortar. Arne Kislenko could be giving a talk about the impact of Russia in international relations in 1942 and Nodder would nod away.

Nod. Nod. Nod. Nod. Nod.

I worked with a girl recently who was a Nodder. And to take it one step further, after me answering her question (her nodding her way through my answer), she would say, “Yea, thought so.”

Then why did you waste my time with your stupid question if you knew the answer?

I know, I know, there are no stupid questions (just stupid people).

Then she’d ask me the same question two days later.

So one day my evilness took over, after months of her incessant nodding, and I gave her the wrong answer.

She asked me a question, nodded her way through my answer and then said, “Yea, thought so.”

“You know, that’s actually wrong”, I said and went on to explain why that was wrong.

That was so evil and petty of me but she had it coming and I was low on restraint that day.

Let this be a lesson, the corporate world turns lovely, kind and thoughtful people (my husband says I’m more thoughtful than kind) into passive aggressive lunatics.

Run the other way, friends.

Sadly, my petty point was lost and she kept on being a Nodder+. Serves me right. But I don’t have to worry about her anymore because she’s working somewhere else now and she‘s probably the subject of some other poor corporate citizen’s “new girl” rants.

Nodders, you aren't fooling anyone so please stop the nodding.

Today’s blog is dedicated to Dee (because Dee doesn’t work in the corporate world but loves to hear the stories anyway).

from Hannah Rockhead's blog http://hannarockhead.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html

In other news,

epUk3T2Kfno

Vancouver Aquarium gay otter shocker!

Edited by G-spotter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...