The Nodder?

faster_than_you

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the factors above, it logically follows that anyone who has the personal potential and the direction required could become the Antichrist, by, when, and if, Don Juan’s teachings followers reach international influence, being accepted as the leader of these potential followers. Considering that the characteristics of Don Juan are the same as those of the traditional servants of Satan; vampires, it follows that the leader of Don Juan’s teachings’ followers would be the leader of Satan’s forces on earth in the Battle of Armageddon, against the forces of YHWH.

mushsmile.gif

Once I find the Nodder, I'm going for the human/dog record. With or w/o the third party timers.

OMG.

SAN FRANCISCO — A 20-year-old California Institute of Technology student set a new world record for solving the popular Rubik's Cube puzzle, turning the tiled brain-twister from scrambled to solved in 11.13 seconds.

Leyan Lo is part of Caltech's Rubik's Cube Club, a student group that hosted the competition at the Exploratorium museum in San Francisco. Lo's record-setting time came early Saturday, among his first five tries in the preliminary rounds.

The record-setting solve caught competitors and Lo himself by surprise.

"It's kind of scary now that I set it, because I have two more [attempts] to go," Lo said afterward. His time of 11.13 seconds broke the previous record of 11.75 seconds, set by Frenchman Jean Pons at the Dutch Open competition last year.

Still, the world record alone didn't gain Lo the overall champion's title at the event, which was determined by averaging three of five solution times in the final round. For that title, Lo went up against the teenager widely considered the fastest Rubik's Cube solver on the planet — Shotaro "Macky" Makisumi, a 15-year-old from Pasadena.

Makisumi prevailed, clocking in with an average time of 14.91 seconds in the final round to take first place.

Besides blindingly fast fingers and a head for memorizing algorithms used by most top competitors to solve the cube, what is Makisumi's secret?

"I don't know. Faster first two layers," he surmised, referring to solving the first two layers of the cube's colored tiles before moving on to the last.

For his victory, Makisumi won a Rubik's Snake puzzle, one of several variations of the basic cube which has sold more than 100 million worldwide, according to the manufacturer.

The brain trust responds in a predictable manner for almost 1000 posts.

Let's talk predictability: MisterPee can't seem to get over using the yellowsleep.gif whenever he does his multitude of Nodder posts. For reference, check the first page of the Nodder Thread. Must not be that yellowsleep.gif . How predictable is that? the_finger.gifmoon.gifthe_finger.gif