Adios Compadres

willstrickland

1000! Whooo hoo!

Well guy and gals, it's been fun. The northwest has been VERY good to me, and I'll be missing it. This chapter in my life has come to a close and this time tomorrow I'll be sitting in Humboldt County, my first stop en-route to Yosemite.

I've secured an offer to author a guidebook, which should hit the shelves in Spring '04. My summer will find me climbing for pleasure in Yosemite, and the NW, and then it's on to the Utah desert for about 8 months of climbing and writing. Once the book wraps, I'll be headed to graduate school again to pursue a doctorate in Recreation and Park Administration at NC State. Summers will probably find me in the valley, but it looks like I'll be an east-coaster for a few years again come late 2003.

I've learned alot from the posts on this site, (believe it or not)and hopefully I've contributed something useful on occasion.

I'd list off names, but that would take too long and I'd space someone I meant to include. Suffice it to say that I've climbed with some of you,chopped with a couple of ya, drank with more of you, and argued with quite a few of you. It's a cool thing you've got going up here, and hopefully I'll see some of you and catch a Seattle Pub Club around late July.

If anyone is headed to the valley, post a note on the camp 4 board if you want to link-up. I'll be down there from this weekend through about mid-July, and then back down there from mid August til about mid-Sept.

I'll post some random updates or trip reports at times, but for all intents and purposes, this is my last post [big Grin]

Be safe out there everyone, and I'll see you in the hills! Cheers [big Drink]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bitchin camero bitchin camero I ran over my neighbor"

album, 'Big Lizard in my Back Yard'

artist, The Dead MilkMen

Circa, some time in the '80s.

I think I just had a flashback... Thanks jokie [Wink][big Grin] I am now off to find my dub of that [big Grin]