idea... all you female lurkers check this out!

icegirl

except that i hate that most of you guys are taller than me and can reach that hold "right there"

no SHIT thats why we cus at them wink.gif

Yeah, that tlg is real bitter about that...phew, she cusses like a sailor just 'cause I'm like 10" taller than her. grin.gif It's not like I ate any vegetables or anything; I just ended up tall.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bein' tall is overated for climbing...most of the time...

I totally agree. The first time I climbed with a good buddy of mine, I thought he was as tall as I am. The next time I climbed with him I realized he is about 6" shorter than me; when he climbs his moves make him look taller than he is.

You've always looked like a member of the Lollipop Guild to me, though, RUmR... yellaf.gif

for the record, I climb because I am a climber. I am NOT a 'GIRL CLIMBER'...

Muffy, what's wrong with being a girlclimber?? yellaf.gif

As for the idea of a "women's only" forum, I agree that it would be divisive. If you really want the opinions of other females, there are other places to get them.

nothing wrong with being a girlclimber.. I have issure with ' GIRL CLIMBERS ' the ones that make excuses about how much they suck because they are women.. I suck just because I do wink.gif

thumbs_up.gif I think it is a great idea, but you realize though spray will probably become even more so than it is a mens forum. If it happens though, I hope the threads are more interesting than 'such and such a place is having a sale' or 'hmmm today it is sunny out I wonder what I should I wear' type stuff. I am not sure if I am going to be scared or interested in hearing what make you all tick. Only one way to find out.....

Yeah, that tlg is real bitter about that...phew, she cusses like a sailor just 'cause I'm like 10" taller than her. grin.gif It's not like I ate any vegetables or anything; I just ended up tall.

well, you are kind of tall. evils3d.gif (or maybe i'm just kind of short? yellaf.gif) whatever ... me cussing like a sailor has nothing to do with your height! i cuss when i climb with erock's short punk ass, too. moon.gif

well, you are kind of tall. evils3d.gif (or maybe i'm just kind of short? yellaf.gif) whatever ... me cussing like a sailor has nothing to do with your height! i cuss when i climb with erock's short punk ass, too. moon.gif

I cus like a sailor when I climb with women too.. keeps my mind focused wink.gif

If women want to talk to each other w/o interference or spray from men, then use IM or e-mail. I believe that it's very diificult to achieve equality from behind walls or a closed door.

On the other hand, If the women of cc.com want a forum to call their own, and want a selected cross sections of their opinions and views to be open for public display free from the threat of being walked on, let them have it. Kind of the same ideaology as a 1st Ave. peep show, dontcha think? You can look, just don't touch...... wave.gif

I will never be behind the idea of a forum that excludes anyone from participating simply for some aspect of their being that they cannot control. To be more blunt: Boys don't have a choice that they are boys, but they do have control over whether or not they act like assholes around girls. If they exercise that control then we can have some great discussions about any topic.

Beyond that I don't care if there is a henpen or not. Nothing is forcing me to read or post to threads that don't interest me.

I encourage anything that will increase interesting content on this site (keeping in mind of course that this is cascadeclimbers not some niceynice place). I know that there are women who read lots but post little and it would be great to hear more from them. For example look at those pictures that Mtngrrrl won the photo contest with ... I would love to hear the stories behind those shots and I am sure I am not the only one.

I don't really think that a women's focused forum is the magic bullet that will change the gender bias (or however you want to describe it) of cascadeclimbers.com, but I don't know. If there are more women lurkers out there who feel that introducing a new forum like that would make a difference to whether or not they would post more maybe they would like to send PM to one of the female moderators (icegirl, ehmmic, minx and fern) and share their thoughts privately.

From the little I do know of the female lurker population of cc.com I am sure that if there is any climbing forum with a "Girl's Room" that could avoid the descent into banal topics like "How to pee in a harness" and so on then this is the one.

i would just like to point out that on occasion, i have received helpful PMs and posts from the guys on this site on female related things. Shockingly, a lot of the guys who post here have wives and/or g/f who climb. it may be second hand info but it's been useful. i'd hate to exclude this sort of input from a women's forum.

i would just like to point out that on occasion, i have received helpful PMs and posts from the guys on this site on female related things. Shockingly, a lot of the guys who post here have wives and/or g/f who climb. it may be second hand info but it's been useful. i'd hate to exclude this sort of input from a women's forum.
I just got incredibly helpful climbing info from thrill because his wife had a similure climbing issue thumbs_up.gif thanks Thrill grin.gif

i personally think a candian only forum moderated by dru would be a better use of bandwidth.

discuss...

i am higher on the "make me a modertor next" list than distel too smirk.gif

I think we spray toomuch to be mods.. i think there is spray descrimination here wink.gif

So, the rest of cc.com can be 'men only'? I'm sure that will go over quite well..... I understand your concerns and interests ladies but it's a bit disingenuous to demand equality in all aspects of life and then demand special treatment as well. It's your double standard that upsets most people, i.e. "Mens clubs that bar female members should be outlawed, women's clubs that bar male members are 'empowering'". You demanded to play in the same sand box so either deal with it or not. If you think I don't get a bit tired of the testosterone overload and juvenalia around here, you're wrong. But, then, I'm also free to ignore it. :-)