idea... all you female lurkers check this out!

icegirl

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...so far other than snugtop, the only responses have been from guys...

I thought it was still yet to be proven that snugtop was the real deal. I still don't buy it. hellno3d.gif Has anyone actually met her? wazzup.gif

We don't exclude non-skiers from the Freshiezone forum, nor non-rock climbers from the new rock climbing forum, etc, etc. I don't see why this forum should be any different. Sounds discriminatory to me.

Have your forum, allow every one to post (cause guys will find a way to post anyway), and if it even comes close to spray then delete the post or ban the poster (like is done in the newbies forum: absolutely no spray allowed.)

Edited by Dustin_B

Some of the women of cc.com and I were chatting this evening and came up with an interesting idea... How about a Women's forum? We've got a forum for everything else... How about it Jon and Timm@y? It would be nice for the women to have a place to ask other women climbing related questions (like what clothes to wear, etc..) without men always chiming in (if we want that we can post in spray wink.gif The catch... (you knew there would be one) The boys can read, but not post... Heck, it should work out great, we know you like to watch wink.gif

-Laura

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've heard. What happened to all you chicas wanting equality and to be recognized on a similar plane as men? Yet, now you want your own special forum? Give me a fucking break. hellno3d.gif

Yeah, the one between my legs.Seriously,what man who likes women wouldn't find it extremely useful and practical to know more about the way they think?And you're just not gonna see or hear that by butting in all the time.I'm a former long-time big game hunting guide,and one of the really important things you learn from that is that you have got to know your prey,their habits,patterns and how they think.And don't for one minute ever think that women don't do the same thing.Besides,women(and people in general)are a lot more interesting-and fun-when you just listen and let them be themselves,than when you're trying to argue or fight with or control them.

As for learning more about ourselves,that's just an ancient(and very valuable)martial arts principle.The samurai,and many other martial arts masters,put it this way:"If you know your enemy,you will win 50% of the time;if you know yourself,you will win 50% of the time;If you know your enemy AND yourself,you will win 100% of the time." Never hurts to know as much as you can. It's a different world,you get a lot farther if you quit dragging yr knuckles and throw the club away.Oh,and check out the thread "stupid things to say at work" over in Spray.A perfect example of what I'm talking about;that kid's got it goin' on.What we talkin' bout,baby.

smileysex5.gifwave.gif

Edited by Mtguide

Yeah, the one between my legs.Seriously,what man who likes women wouldn't find it extremely useful and practical to know more about the way they think?And you're just not gonna see or hear that by butting in all the time.I'm a former long-time big game hunting guide,and one of the really important things you learn from that is that you have got to know your prey,their habits,patterns and how they think.And don't for one minute ever think that women don't do the same thing.Besides,women(and people in general)are a lot more interesting-and fun-when you just listen and let them be themselves,than when you're trying to argue or fight with or control them.It's a different world,you get a lot farther if you quit dragging yr knuckles and throw the club away.

smileysex5.gifwave.gif

I don't disagree. However, I find it more profitable to do this on an individual basis; no chic is the same. You will never get a concensus (sp?) on how females as a group think, because there's no such thing. You gotta weed one out of the herd (to carry the big game metaphor).

Some of the women of cc.com and I were chatting this evening and came up with an interesting idea... How about a Women's forum? We've got a forum for everything else... How about it Jon and Timm@y? It would be nice for the women to have a place to ask other women climbing related questions (like what clothes to wear, etc..) without men always chiming in (if we want that we can post in spray wink.gif The catch... (you knew there would be one) The boys can read, but not post... Heck, it should work out great, we know you like to watch wink.gif

-Laura

this is stupid.. if you want to to talk to all women go to a diffrent site rolleyes.gif

for the record, I climb because I am a climber. I am NOT a 'GIRL CLIMBER' some of the best information I have recieved on this site about peeing outside, for instance came from Necro. I am not affraid to ask my woman questions here in the public, and you shouldn't be afrrais either. If we expect to climb with men then they have to deal with the fact that we(well some of us) bleed and have to dispose of garbage... etc. this is an open fourum for everyone. we should ALL be allowed to discuss any topic that is reasonable.There is no boys or girls sing out side.. we all pee by the same tree tongue.gif I find the out doors to be a wonderful equalizer. where I am more likely to be treated as an equal, and frankly I like that.

We don't exclude non-skiers from the Freshiezone forum, nor non-rock climbers from the new rock climbing forum, etc, etc. I don't see why this forum should be any different. Sounds discriminatory to me.

Have your forum, allow every one to post (cause guys will find a way to post anyway), and if it even comes close to spray then delete the post or ban the poster (like is done in the newbies forum: absolutely no spray allowed.)

I actually agree with Dustin here. wave.gif I sure wouldn't want to be a moderator, though, and spend all my working hours trying to delete the male infiltrators' spray.

Here's an idea: If you need to commiserate with other ladies, go here Climbr Grrrls Pillowfight Hour

Where the current topics include:

"Damn boobies"

"Climbing clothes for the ladies"

"Ever stayed with SO because of climbing?"

"Deodorant"

"Common climber guy names"

"weight perceptions and gender"

I'm not making these up, go look for your self.

Here's an idea: If you need to commiserate with other ladies, go here Climbr Grrrls Pillowfight Hour

Where the current topics include:

"Damn boobies"

"Deodorant"

I'm not making these up, go look for your self.

Don't leave out "Prana sizing?"

Last time this topic came up, it was troll. i didn't realize it and posted that i think it's a bad idea. i still do. we've fractured cc.com into enough different forums based on climbing specific reasons. lets not make gender a climbing issue.

except that i hate that most of you guys are taller than me and can reach that hold "right there"

"Damn boobies"

"Deodorant"

"laxative"

"ouch...unicycle jump"

"badass snaffle"

"killer snaffle"

"hampsters play tee-ball in marigolds"

"media bias LXXXVII"

for the record, I climb because I am a climber. I am NOT a 'GIRL CLIMBER'...

Muffy, what's wrong with being a girlclimber?? yellaf.gif

As for the idea of a "women's only" forum, I agree that it would be divisive. If you really want the opinions of other females, there are other places to get them.