[TR] Mt. Hood- South Side Plab 3/2/2004

gapertimmy

Climb: Mt. Hood-South Side Plab

Date of Climb: 3/2/2004

Trip Report:

at 0500 the P.L.A.B. phone rings... it is secret freshie agent thrashador calling from the pdx office, he informs the gaper that the telemetry data is looking tasty for a south side assault of hood. i quickly grab my gear, and my new favorite cd and jumped into timmy mobile and i was off.

the drive was str8 pimp, all things keep getting better, and only got better as i saw the blue skies above mt. hood, i got wood.

thrashador was waiting with a big ol grin on his face, and said that some other bro from bend had already started to skin up before us.... we both began to worry about people stealing our lines so we set off. now, i thought i was a fast skinner, wwooooooooooooooooweeeeee, the thrashador and mt. hood combo got this gaper spanked.

skin was very enjoyable, blue skies, good conversation, and jibbing nearby!

3113irock-med.jpg

illumination saddle from above.

so my ass was draggin, and the wind picked up, and my pussy began to hurt, and [insert another poor ass excuse here] we decided to ski from the base of the hogs back, but not before running into 3 of the sickest mofo's out of pdx. No, not the icy hot stuntaz, it was Ursa Eagle, sportin spankin new tele boards (did you say you had never tele skied before?!), Sloggin and Lovin It (anonymous lurker, POST BOY!!!), and one other fine fellow who's name i have forgotten, sorry unkown spray brother.

The turns were pretttttty damn good, wanked over below crater rock and then up to illumination rock. Thrashador lead the way, and all turns were plab.

3113thrashcrater-med.jpg

After RIPPIN IT UP on the groomers back to t-line, thrash and I enjoyed some brew and eats at the lodge before heading home. Back to bend by 5pm, in the hot tub with obsidian stout (left at my house by jon, thanks) by 5:15, a freakin excellent day to be an orygunian.

Gear Notes:

i forgot my helmet

Approach Notes:

i was getting picked up on by mad wimmin in t-line parking lot. they all liked my denali xt's

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I dragged those things all the way up to the Hogsback, and no, I hadn't skied tele before. (The slog up made me really wish I had skins, but I'm too cheap to buy them right now.) Hell, I haven't been on alpine skis since 2000. But damn if I didn't make it from the Hogsback to the parking lot, and the skis were on my feet the whole time. As my partner said, it was probably some of the best "survival skiing" he's ever seen. Please don't ask if I actually did any tele turns, but some of my alpine turns actually resulted in me going the opposite direction, much to my amazement. I had some spectacular face plants, the first of which is captured on digital (I'll post as soon as I get the file.) One thing is for certain, I need professional help! hahaha.gif