PRG Climbing partner

syklone

I'm beggining to get bored with constant bouldering. Time for something a bit longer. I'm looking for a partner at the Portland Rock Gym for either Monday or Wednesday nights. I'm fairly new to climbing, but don't need my hand held (I can belay, I'm not THAT new). I boulder v2, and havn't roped up for anything since Augest, so if you climb 5.10-11 or so, I can probably hang with you.

I'm chill and my schedule is flexible.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a while since I climbed at PRG, but anyway I need some plastic pulling before weather

becomes really nice. How about next Monday around 6:30ish?

I am planning to be there - bold guy in black lycra tights.

My name's Chad; I climb at the PRG often. I climb lead as much as I can there, when partners allow; I lead 5.10, and 11, on a regular basis.

Mainly, I'm tired of the gym, and I'm looking to do some of the routes (Sandy Headwall, or Leuthold) on Hood. I'm also heading to Smith and Vantage as time allows, so if people are up for that, let me know here. Or, email me at ClubH20mich@aol.com

I have lots of aspirations for alpine stuff, but seems like people here are more predisposed toward rock trips, so if anybody wants to get into something involving the Washington Cascades, let me know. I just can't seem to find anyone that's willing to be cold, and suffer up a mountain. Pathetic, considering I'm 145 pounds, and have the hardest times staying warm of anyone that I know. Keep in touch with me, whoever. I moved here from Michigan to do some climbs, but again, having a hard time finding someone to do it with.

The only thing keeping me from pulling the remains of the hair on my head out is the great PNW microbrews bigdrink.gif

Edit: Please, someone speak up and say that they'd like to do something on Stuart or Dragontail. Or Hood. Anything. I like rock, but I moved here for a little more than that.

Edited by vw4ever

My name's Chad; I climb at the PRG often. I climb lead as much as I can there, when partners allow; I lead 5.10, and 11, on a regular basis.

Mainly, I'm tired of the gym, and I'm looking to do some of the routes (Sandy Headwall, or Leuthold) on Hood. I'm also heading to Smith and Vantage as time allows, so if people are up for that, let me know here. Or, email me at ClubH20mich@aol.com

I have lots of aspirations for alpine stuff, but seems like people here are more predisposed toward rock trips, so if anybody wants to get into something involving the Washington Cascades, let me know. I just can't seem to find anyone that's willing to be cold, and suffer up a mountain. Pathetic, considering I'm 145 pounds, and have the hardest times staying warm of anyone that I know. Keep in touch with me, whoever. I moved here from Michigan to do some climbs, but again, having a hard time finding someone to do it with.

The only thing keeping me from pulling the remains of the hair on my head out is the great PNW microbrews bigdrink.gif

Edit: Please, someone speak up and say that they'd like to do something on Stuart or Dragontail. Or Hood. Anything. I like rock, but I moved here for a little more than that.

Here Here!

Not to lose a possible partner, but DUDE...MOVE.

Go to Vancouver, BC; Bellingham, Mazama, or at least Seattle. PDX has shit for alpine besides hood. The beer in those places is just as good and probably cheaper.

It's been a while since I climbed at PRG, but anyway I need some plastic pulling before weather

becomes really nice. How about next Monday around 6:30ish?

I am planning to be there - bold guy in black lycra tights.

Sounds great! Here's what I look like (ignore the small sturgen)

And Michel, I'll def keep an eye out for you too.

My name is Troy

317864-photo.jpg

317864-photo.jpg.912a8c6f143b9d0bd4e5f21cbd2b6a12.jpg

Edited by syklone

Mike, you just killed yourself with the rock, ice, and alpine scene here in good ol’ ptown.. you see you can bitch about the rock, you can bitch about the snow here, or the rain for that matter.. but if you dare try and say any of those places have near as good beer.. well my friend I hope you enjoy bouldering alone, very alone, on plasic pulls set by Tim and Hanz.

Good luck

Reminds me of some Primus:

I was just a little pup and it was derloy day

Was dad and me and Darrell out in San Pablo bay

Taco flavored Doritos and my orange life vest

Dad caught a hundred pound sturgeon on twenty-pound test

Now he fought that fish for 'bout an hour and a half

Darrell'd say "Jump ya sons a bitch!" as he grabbed for the gaff

When we got him in the boat he measured six feet long

I was so danged impressed I had to write a this song called

Fish on!

haha...yeah, I like that solution. I actually checked out Wenatchee as a potential city to be able to play nearby, AND work in, but man, not to offend...that that town appears beat.

I was thinking of relocating in a year or two (after my finances recover from the move from Michigan to here [Portland]) to someplace like Kent, WA, or something like that. I have a pal that lives in Issaquah, but he says it's getting pricey there. Everyone else says to head to Renton, to be able to live. Bellingham would be sweet, as well, but there doesn't seem to be a huge demand for RNs there.

We'll see. Hell, anything is better than Michigan, I guess.