• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_Gauthier

Paradise Web Cam

rainier junkies might be interested in this. the NPS has installed an air quality monitoring web cam at paradise. if air quality isn't your thing, mabye the view down valley from paradise is?! below is the link. i've noticed that it sometimes goes offline, but more often than not, it works. below is the link to other NPS webcams around the nation. i suspect that more cams will be added in time (they have a j-tree cam). between the paradise cam and the telemetry (posted at the bottom) you can get some idea of what the weather is doing at paradise... hope you enjoy,

paradise cam:

http://www2.nature.nps.gov/air/WebCams/parks/moracam/moracam.htm

NPS site for all cams:

http://www2.nature.nps.gov/air/WebCams/index.htm

telemetry site:

http://www.seawfo.noaa.gov/products/OSOPVC

I spoke to the MRNP phone operator just last week to inquire about the weather at Paradise, and she kindly directed me to the URL. I didn't realize it was so new-- figured I was the last one to find out about it. Very handy to get an actual view from Paradise before getting on the road from Seattle.

Hey Mike. Can you go out there and wipe off the lens please?

Really. Isn't that part of a Ranger's job description? hehehe

Has anyone come down with stories of clear skies above Muir somewhere since Wednesday (13th)? I want to climb Gib Ledges this weekend but don't really feel like swimming upstream in an avalanche to get there.

You know its funny. I dont really even need to look at that cam to see what the weather is like i can just look out the window and see rainer from my house and know what the weather is like

Hey Mike......Remember the medic up at Paradise last summer??????? Yours truly...hehe.

I guess this wouldnt count as a convo, but nice talkin to ya...tell Glen i said hi.