• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Stonehead

Henry Rollins in town

Too bad he is not perofrming music. His spoken word stuff is cool, but I prefer his belting out lyrics with a band.

Is it going to be spoken word for certain? He has some pretty good nihilistic dark comedy routines too.

I put my fist through the door

I hate myself for you

I love you

Suspicion rules my very soul

My knife is sharp, my thoughts are cold

henry.jpg

Uh, yeah, spoken word (link to official Rollins tour date page)

I've only read a couple of his books (See a Grown Man Cry, Now Watch Him Die; Eye Scream). Comes across as a violent, angst-ridden, cop-hating (but literate) misogynist misfit. Contrasts sharply with his spoken word work where he expresses his ability to articulate thoughtful perceptive commentary on the world. Calls himself an 'aging alternative icon'.

I believe a lot of his books serve as catharsis or self-therapy to release frustration at a seemingly senseless world.

Surprisingly, the man maintains a sense of humor throughout it all despite having the ability to see the 'skeleton' beneath the skin.

Pretty spendy for just a spoken word deal.
CHHAAAA he is henri ROLLINS... punk omega.

Black Flag played the EMU in Eugene in like '86 I think and were aske dto NEVER come back cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer