• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Farrgo

Lowe Civetta Extremes

Anybody used em? How are they temperature wise? Seem very comforatble with a lot of ankle flexability. Good climbers?

I've got them. They are pretty warm and stay dry. I think they run a little narrow, so you should definitely try a pair on. I fould that using all of the lacing loops made the boots way too stiff in the ankles for descents--by not lacing the ankle loop I could keep adequate support for my lower leg but provide flexibility to make walking in them comfortable (relativley speaking).

Bonus is that they come in a size 15--Lowa is the only company I am aware of to make a climbing boot that big. Makes me happy smile.gif

Now if only the skiing community would follow suit...

if they fit, they are are really really good. You must have pencil feet, however. I wore em once and had to turn around a few hours outta the car, but that was a long time ago. The Vasque Ice 9000 looks like the boot to buy for warmth and any climbing w/o the crampons on too.

thanks. i've tried them on already, feel good, i just wanted to here some opinions before i shelled out the dough.

Sounds like you've already purchased them; regardless they are excellent boot with the obvious disclaimer assuming they fit. I have the standard liner (non extreme model) and have worn them in some fairly cold places and had no problems. I don't know if I agree with people's comments about them running narrow: I have the classic scarpa foot: widest around the arch/midfoot and a lower volume foot and these boots fit me best (though I have had them for some time so I can't say I have tried on any of the recent additions to the market). I would say both La Sportiva and Koflach run more narrow then Lowa.

I think the whole "they run narrow" or whatever is BS. If the boot fits, it fits. La Sportiva is supposed to be a very narrow boot and I have two pairs, yet I have very fat feet.