Lowe Civetta Extremes

Farrgo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got them. They are pretty warm and stay dry. I think they run a little narrow, so you should definitely try a pair on. I fould that using all of the lacing loops made the boots way too stiff in the ankles for descents--by not lacing the ankle loop I could keep adequate support for my lower leg but provide flexibility to make walking in them comfortable (relativley speaking).

Bonus is that they come in a size 15--Lowa is the only company I am aware of to make a climbing boot that big. Makes me happy smile.gif

Now if only the skiing community would follow suit...

if they fit, they are are really really good. You must have pencil feet, however. I wore em once and had to turn around a few hours outta the car, but that was a long time ago. The Vasque Ice 9000 looks like the boot to buy for warmth and any climbing w/o the crampons on too.

Sounds like you've already purchased them; regardless they are excellent boot with the obvious disclaimer assuming they fit. I have the standard liner (non extreme model) and have worn them in some fairly cold places and had no problems. I don't know if I agree with people's comments about them running narrow: I have the classic scarpa foot: widest around the arch/midfoot and a lower volume foot and these boots fit me best (though I have had them for some time so I can't say I have tried on any of the recent additions to the market). I would say both La Sportiva and Koflach run more narrow then Lowa.