Norway

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do go, PM me and I'll hook you up with info.

I was traveling there during off-season. Peak season starts after the solstice. In peak season, you will find vegetation that is green instead of brown, much less snow, way more tourists, and more frequent ferry/bus schedules.

(During off-season, some ferry/bus routes are just one per day, so careful planning is needed.)

• 10 years later...

Hello Gary!

I have read your story about climbing in Lofoten. It is the very beutiful place and I will be there too and want to repeat your path. Unfortunately pictures with your GSP track don't load (I mean the map which you have posted on the washington_edu forum). Can you post it again? It would be great! :)

Edited by Himalay

The wife and I are headed to Norway in August. Going to spend 7 or 8 days in Lofoten. Any other beta you can add? Just starting to look into this now. We haven't decided 100% if we are going to bring climbing gear as we've got some other stuff we are going to do. The plan at the moment is to fly into Harstad and rent a car for the time we are in Lofoten. I tired looking at he links in this thread but most of them didn't work.

If we don't bring gear anyone have some recommendations for some scrambles and hikes? Thanks.

Edited by jcocci