here's somthing to think about

whirlwind

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you could save a lot of money on healthcare in general if everybody had access to preventive care. How much money just gets absorbed by those who can't afford or don't want to pay for preventive healthcare and finally have to go in for full-on IC. They still can't pay, so that cost gets passed on to all of us who do, just like it would if healthcare was nationalized.

Not only is the preventive care cheaper, but you get the added benefit of helping people live a healthier life!

[quote at least i'm not an apathetic, uninformed citizen who does nothing to contribute to the political landscape. just b/c you want to be an occasionally benevolent dictator doesn't change the fact we live in a democracy.

have a nice day. wave.gif

hey leave me outta this tongue.gif

i think it was 40 -50% or people between ages 18 and 26 or so but i could be wrong, can't find the info now cry.gif

but this come right along with the prevenitive health care issue, most young people don't worry about it, and i think its mostly because its so expensive.

Edited by wirlwind

Your posts read like they were written by an underachieving dyslexic second-grade schoolgirl whose teacher is deaf, dumb, and blind. the_finger.gif

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marcs four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

wazzup.gif

lets talk about efficiency. medicare obviously needs some help. and this prescription drug thing is debacle but lets check out some efficiency facts. 25% of dollars spent on private health ins. by employers as well as individuals go to overhead. in medicare that number is 3%.

you want to live in a democracy? then guess what i get to participate in politics. at least i'm not an apathetic, uninformed citizen who does nothing to contribute to the political landscape. just b/c you want to be an occasionally benevolent dictator doesn't change the fact we live in a democracy.

Given the wonderful accounting over there at OMB, it's hard for me to trust that 3% number. 25% and 3% of what? How is that 3% tied to each individual? How does that translate into dollars per recipient?

Benevolent dictatorship doesn't appeal to me, but thanks for the offer to date you. I'll pass. the_finger.gif

i'll have to find it but i recall that being an independent study. i think i explained 3% of what. if you're having reading comprehension problems, i suggest that you whine about public education or some such. umm...sugar, i don't see anywhere in that post where i tendered any offer to spend time in your company. don't forget to have that lithium prescription refilled on time. you're becoming delusional again.

I see 25% of health insurance dollars is paid by employers. 3% of medicare costs is paid by employers? Am I reading that correctly? Well, then I just have to ask, where do the remaining dollars come from? Oh, citizens, that's right.

lets talk about efficiency. medicare obviously needs some help. and this prescription drug thing is debacle but lets check out some efficiency facts. 25% of dollars spent on private health ins. by employers as well as individuals go to overhead. in medicare that number is 3%.

you want to live in a democracy? then guess what i get to participate in politics. at least i'm not an apathetic, uninformed citizen who does nothing to contribute to the political landscape. just b/c you want to be an occasionally benevolent dictator doesn't change the fact we live in a democracy.

Given the wonderful accounting over there at OMB, it's hard for me to trust that 3% number. 25% and 3% of what? How is that 3% tied to each individual? How does that translate into dollars per recipient?

Benevolent dictatorship doesn't appeal to me, but thanks for the offer to date you. I'll pass. the_finger.gif

i'll have to find it but i recall that being an independent study. i think i explained 3% of what. if you're having reading comprehension problems, i suggest that you whine about public education or some such. umm...sugar, i don't see anywhere in that post where i tendered any offer to spend time in your company. don't forget to have that lithium prescription refilled on time. you're becoming delusional again.

I see 25% of health insurance dollars is paid by employers. 3% of medicare costs is paid by employers? Am I reading that correctly? Well, then I just have to ask, where do the remaining dollars come from? Oh, citizens, that's right.

can someone post Minx's avitare photo hear?/ I do believe greggie is flogging the dead horse again tongue.gif

I agree with you Muffy, preventative health care is an important part of the healthcare puzzle. An added benefit is that we will be spared from watching fat old men trying to wedge their beefalo asses into their Cutless Supreme Oldsmobile after having to wax up the door hinges with mayo left over from their lunch.

The horror.

The horror.

I agree with you Muffy, preventative health care is an important part of the healthcare puzzle. An added benefit is that we will be spared from watching fat old men trying to wedge their beefalo asses into their Cutless Supreme Oldsmobile after having to wax up the door hinges with mayo left over from their lunch.

The horror.

The horror.

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWW thats just a sick image hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif I need my brain expunged now cry.gif

I'd like to see gas cost >$4/gal. in the US. THAT would encourage efficiency, less SUVs and once the market for oil dissolves, we can get the Bushes and cronies out of power.

Perhaps we could start with slightly more than doubling the price of gas available at the pumps to consumers, while keeping the price of diesel relatively low for commerce's sake.

A great new social income in my opinion to help those 45% uninsured, preventative health care, etc...

thumbs_up.gif

When gas goes to $4 gal the economy will take a nose dive. Do you want that? The fact is, nobody is gonna get rid of cars until we run out of oil or somebody makes a good non-polutting cost effective car.

And, SUVs aren't the only thing that pollutes out there. Pickups, and many passenger cars, esp. if they have the upgraded engines, do their fair share as well.

I wonder how the auto pollution breaks down. How much do cars vs. trucks pollute. Same with power plants, like coal plants and oil plants. Don't those power plants pollute more than cars? I'm not sure on this, anybody have real scientific evidence and not pointless guesses?

Regarding fuel cell technology that has been repeatedly mentioned - I have heard before that a concern regarding fuel cells is that they raise security concerns because they can easily be converted into powerful explosives. I am pretty ignorant regarding the chemistry of fuel cells. Anyone know if that is true?

Clarification - The question refers to the possibility of fuel cell explosives. Many people can already vouch for my ignorance of advanced chemistry.

Edited by mothboy88

Just curious, but is there anybody on this site that likes big loud V-8s in good old American muscle cars? Or does everyone drive '96 civics and think they are the best car ever?

I notice that they are starting to make them bigger, but quieter. My first course of action upon return to the US is to buy the biggest V-8 truck I can find. Then I'm going to buy a snowmobile so I can yo-yo ski circles around earthie crunchies.