here's somthing to think about

whirlwind

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not inclined toward conspiracy theories, but the current push toward fuel cell tech just seems like a way to benefit oil & mining companies rather than consumers or the public good. Especially the way hybrid vehicles are painted as a primitive step (and thus not worth buying) toward hydrogen powered vehicles. Seems like totally unrelated technologies to me.

as far as health care goes, if its natioanlized the employer's will be able to reduce expenditure, resulting in more jobs and cheaper products less of cource there consevatives then it'll just mean more profit, 50% of the population lack basic health, i personally would rather see tax money go to health care than funding an aready over funded military, go to that secound link, there is more than enough money out there that no one wants us to know about, roughly 3 time the defict has "disapeared"

http://www.buddycom.com/entertain/veejay/vj45.html

You're really living in a dreamworld aren't you? Do you ever leave the house?

i'd be interested to know where the 50% number comes from and what defines proper health care. i know there is a substantial portion of the US population lacking health ins. but i don't recall ever hearing 50% before.

greg, why exactly is that living in a dreamworld? why is it worse to spend tax revenue on healthcare v. military?

greg, why exactly is that living in a dreamworld? why is it worse to spend tax revenue on healthcare v. military?

You know my answer to this. It's not the job of government to extort my individual wealth to pay for health insurance. It is, however, the purpose of federal government to make provision for national defense. How do you expect the Federal Government to do ANYTHING efficiently and cost-effectively? Private industry is the only way to go and allow people to make their own choices. Why should my taxes go to pay for insurance for someone who can well afford it on their own?

You know my answer to this. It's not the job of government to extort my individual wealth to pay for health insurance. It is, however, the purpose of federal government to make provision for national defense. How do you expect the Federal Government to do ANYTHING efficiently and cost-effectively? Private industry is the only way to go and allow people to make their own choices. Why should my taxes go to pay for insurance for someone who can well afford it on their own?

the core problem is that most people can not well afford it on their own. the expenses of healthcare are out of control. private control of health ins has been anything but cost effective. it would be hard for the gov't to be less efficient. i've read a couple of studies on this topic which have pointed out that as much as 25% of the dollars spent on private ins by companies and indviduals every year goes to overhead expenses. in medicare this number is closer to 3%. it seems the gov't might be an efficient manage of healthcare.

the core problem is that most people can not well afford it on their own. the expenses of healthcare are out of control. private control of health ins has been anything but cost effective. it would be hard for the gov't to be less efficient. i've read a couple of studies on this topic which have pointed out that as much as 25% of the dollars spent on private ins by companies and indviduals every year goes to overhead expenses. in medicare this number is closer to 3%. it seems the gov't might be an efficient manage of healthcare.

You are so clueless if you think ANYTHING about the federal government is efficient. Give me a fucking break. The new levels of civil servants and departments, etc. will be staggering. Let's look at Medicare. When Ted Kennedy shoved that up our collective ass in the '60's, he promised that it would never grow beyond a certain level. It has now exceeded even his wettest dreams by greater than 10 fold.

Stay out of politics, honey; it's not about having a big federal daddy to take care of princess.

Greg, she is concerned about other human beings having access to healthcare. Unfortunately, she has got to discuss politics to voice that. Isn't that what conservatives believe in, the voice of the people? Well, here it is, and they are all allowed to get into politics, whether you like it or not bucko.

Greg, she is concerned about other human beings having access to healthcare. Unfortunately, she has got to discuss politics to voice that. Isn't that what conservatives believe in, the voice of the people? Well, here it is, and they are all allowed to get into politics, whether you like it or not bucko.

But she was mean to me. cry.gif

Just sounds like everybody is freaking out about gas and cars here. Everybody needs to take it easy a little bit and go drive something loud and fast that uses up gas. Not that pollution is good or anything, but there is more to driving that 40mpg econoboxes.

Although I admit that i've definitely traveled many mountain roads in subies, which can be fun if you drive em hard enough. Those four bangers just don't give you much though on the hills.

Edited by Jake

"You are so clueless if you think ANYTHING about the federal government is efficient. Give me a fucking break. The new levels of civil servants and departments, etc. will be staggering. Let's look at Medicare. When Ted Kennedy shoved that up our collective ass in the '60's, he promised that it would never grow beyond a certain level. It has now exceeded even his wettest dreams by greater than 10 fold.

Stay out of politics, honey; it's not about having a big federal daddy to take care of princess. "

hey greggie, the gloves are off now. no one but my dad gets to call me princess.

lets talk about efficiency. medicare obviously needs some help. and this prescription drug thing is debacle but lets check out some efficiency facts. 25% of dollars spent on private health ins. by employers as well as individuals go to overhead. in medicare that number is 3%.

you want to live in a democracy? then guess what i get to participate in politics. at least i'm not an apathetic, uninformed citizen who does nothing to contribute to the political landscape. just b/c you want to be an occasionally benevolent dictator doesn't change the fact we live in a democracy.

have a nice day. wave.gif

That is her talent. Revel in it.

That is her talent. Revel in it.

thanks for noticing! it's nice to have one's talents acknowledged. fruit.gif

lets talk about efficiency. medicare obviously needs some help. and this prescription drug thing is debacle but lets check out some efficiency facts. 25% of dollars spent on private health ins. by employers as well as individuals go to overhead. in medicare that number is 3%.

you want to live in a democracy? then guess what i get to participate in politics. at least i'm not an apathetic, uninformed citizen who does nothing to contribute to the political landscape. just b/c you want to be an occasionally benevolent dictator doesn't change the fact we live in a democracy.

Given the wonderful accounting over there at OMB, it's hard for me to trust that 3% number. 25% and 3% of what? How is that 3% tied to each individual? How does that translate into dollars per recipient?

Benevolent dictatorship doesn't appeal to me, but thanks for the offer to date you. I'll pass. the_finger.gif

Given the wonderful accounting over there at OMB, it's hard for me to trust that 3% number. 25% and 3% of what? How is that 3% tied to each individual? How does that translate into dollars per recipient?

Benevolent dictatorship doesn't appeal to me, but thanks for the offer to date you. I'll pass. the_finger.gif

i'll have to find it but i recall that being an independent study. i think i explained 3% of what. if you're having reading comprehension problems, i suggest that you whine about public education or some such. umm...sugar, i don't see anywhere in that post where i tendered any offer to spend time in your company. don't forget to have that lithium prescription refilled on time. you're becoming delusional again.